www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Good Month

"There is not enough time to do all the nothing we want to do." - Bill Watterson

Work is getting interesting. I worked Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It feels good to be needed and so far it hasn’t been too hard to keep up with. I do have a list of things I need to take of, but nothing too important that I can’t put off for a few weeks. I should be working a lot for the next two weeks.

I have been gambling too long with my health. Not only in my habits (and lack there of), but the fact I have gone over a year with no health insurance. $1,500 isn’t something I can easily part with, but I have been lucky this far and can’t justify having no safety net if I got really sick. So yesterday I purchased my school health insurance and am now covered. I don’t plan to go to the doctor, but it is nice to know that I can go. Speaking of, I should take my cats to the vet soon. Love alone won’t keep your animals healthy.

College Football (and NFL) has started. This is what I love the most about the fall. Texas lost to Ohio State this weekend which will make following them that much less exciting. I will nevertheless watch every UT game I can. I am also a ND fan thanks to Mark, so we will be keeping up on how they are doing. I’m not doing fantasy football this year, but that is probably a good thing.

My upstairs and downstairs neighbors have both moved out. We got a new neighbor upstairs, but I have yet to meet him. Downstairs was flooded, so I think it will be sometime before it is ready to rent out again. I should be living at my same place for at least another year. Right now I don't have cable tv or internet and though we are getting it soon, it is very very hard. You would think I would get more work done, but I still have DVDs and sleep is free.

My guestbook hasn’t been working for at least a year. I am hoping to get it or one up running in the near future. My webpage is starting to serve its procrastination use that created it. I find it interesting how my webpage was a precursor to the function that myspace now plays. It was to share my pictures at first and then later to start blogging. I was ahead of the curve I guess, but I don’t know if this is something I should be proud of. Let’s hope updates are coming soon.

Relationships play an important role in life and I feel have shaped my life and who I am quite a bit. I’ve also been in enough relationships to not only make the same mistakes, but come up with a whole list of new ones. I have always felt I didn’t fully know what I was looking for until I found it, but I worry that my compulsion to always want more will make things harder. Right now, I am very lucky, I met a girl who not only is everything I’m looking for, she is more than just a collection of qualities I find important, but also someone who is unique, interesting and someone there is still a lot to learn about. I enjoy this part of the relationship. I won’t list all the reasons I think she is great, but I hope she knows them. I am dealing with a situation that I’ve always disliked, distance. There is nothing I can say on that topic that hasn’t been said on either side of the issue, but distance with an end in sight is actually not as bad as distance for an unspecified amount of time. I hope to approach each day on its own merits and wait until much time has passed before I can start to see how the bigger picture is coming together.

my memories are always better than what happened

No comments:

Post a Comment