Our internet and phone system went down at work on Tuesday morning and was out until Wednesday morning. It really shows you how internet dependent you really are. I couldn’t do any research or even check and print my emails. Little things you take for granted, like checking the weather or news I could not even do. Now it is true that I had my iphone, so I was able to check my email there, but that is just not a true replacement. I'm glad things are all back to normal now. I can once again be my productive self.
My mom turned 60 years old on Tuesday. My sisters took her out to eat for her birthday. It was the second time she has been out of the house (first time being church) since her surgery. She is doing even better by the way. 60 is a pretty big deal and I kind of wish I had done something big for it. Cynthia has a big party for her mother's 60th birthday party this weekend. Then again, my family doesn't really do big birthday parties...well unless you are a baby turning 1...I'm looking at you Celeste. I hope she had a happy birthday. I'm staring to think that 60 is much younger than I used to think it was.
Today is everyone's favorite day, tax day. I'm glad I got my taxes done long ago, but for sure next year I'm going to pay someone to do them because I paid a lot of taxes compared to last year. I guess that goes along with making more money than you did the year before. So I guess I'm hoping to pay even more taxes next year right. Most of my taxes are withheld from my paycheck, so I'm happy I don't have to cut a big check to the government. Hope everyone got their taxes in on time.
Today is also all the hoopla about the tea parties. Tea Bagging is almost comical if not confusing.Here is one of many articles on the fun. Countdown: Fox News...Supporting the Tea Baggers and Sponsoring the Tea Baggers
I don't know if you have been following the protests today (of what still don't understand). I don't know why I don't feel like going out to protest the idea of taxes after the passage of the biggest middle class tax cut in history, including 95% of all Americans. Then again, I, like the rest of the world, hate paying taxes too, but we need roads, schools and Bush and Cheney needed those wars and how else would we pay those military contractor friends of theirs? Wait, aren't these just Anti-Obama, we lost and don't like it rallies? From what I have seen, it looks like. Either way, I'm looking forward to following the protests, maybe I'll learn something. These people below make me so proud we have an adult in charge.
http://washingtonindependent.com/38877/scenes-from-the-dc-tea-party-more-photos
I think the picture below says it best. It is pretty damn funny.

how conservatives view the IRS
This video fits in pretty well. It made me laugh.
(via Texan in the City)
I’m a person that likes to plan for the future, but the future is a complicated thing. Sometimes the path you are on and what you want are not always consistent. It is sometimes hard to wrap your mind around it. So what do I do? I just try to ignore it, put it off for another day. That day is coming. I just need a clearer plan, I can't live my life month to month as well.
So I'm in line for fast food (don't judge) I see this old van in front of me. It says "MENOS PEINTING" I have blurred out the phone number because I don't want to call anyone out, but I kept wondering, did they mean "painting"? The sign was old, by now they must have noticed that painting was spelled wrong. It made me question my own grasp of spelling and then made me laugh. Either way, I'm not calling them to "peint" my house.

Susan Boyle: Britain's Singing YouTube Sensation (VIDEO)
This video is pretty heartwarming I think. People can be pretty cruel I think. Talk about not judging a book by its cover. I wish I could embed the link, but it is worth the click I promise. I wonder when she will get her first kiss.
napping when you are tired
No comments:
Post a Comment