"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
My new cell phone was also broken, so I had to call again to get a new one. Did I mention that my automatic cat litter is broken. I go through them like candy it seems. I don’t know what to do. I really like the convenience, but hate that my cats figure out a way to break it every 6 months. I need to call the help line, but I have been putting it off. I let all these things preoccupy my time so that I don’t have to think about anything important.
We get Monday off for Labor day. It is kind of ironic that Mason would give up this day off, but Cornell's ILR (Labor Relations) made us go to class. Herbert is leaving NYC soon, and Erika is dropping her sister off in NYC, so I'll be going up for the weekend. I hope to go up on the bus Friday after work. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
I needed to rack up some frequent player points on a poker site and it was going very slow. So randomly, I decided to play limit holdem at very low stakes. I cleaned up. I easily won over 50 dollars in one night. I'm sure a bit of it was luck, but it was a game I could take down. So I've started playing more limit poker. It is not close to as exciting as no limit, but its still good practice. I guess we will see how that goes.
I got my package with some Cornell Tshirts. I don't own any, so I figured it was time I get some. They brought back a lot of memories from school, my friends and my experiences. It feels like it was a whole other lifetime. I don't feel any older now, but I clearly am. Random thoughts pop into my head and a lot are memories I had totally forgot. Long drives to Turning Stone, hanging out in Efrain's room, parking my truck illegally, Kings dinners, and it being so cold. The sound of people outside drunk in collegetown as I was upstairs trying to sleep. It really was like having a second family.
There are people in the world that just give you a bad feeling. I don't believe in energy and such, but it's the best way to describe it, you get this bad energy feeling from them. Something doesn't feel right or seem right and you can't put your finger on it. I try to avoid and stay away from this type of person. Sometimes you don't figure it out until it is too late, but you always figure it out.
Then there are people that talk about God way too much. I think God is great, but people that spread his word with their own agendas really irritate me. Some people use God as such a crutch, a person to blame things on, justify things with. Well I wouldn't of stolen your wallet if it wasn't in God's plan. Someone that has to sell you God must not really have a really strong faith and in doing so are probably trying to sell Him to themselves. I let people believe what they want, mainly because with something as ambigious as spirituality, there is no way I could know I'm right. I have a strong feeling you are wrong, but I have nothing to sell you if I can prove that. My advice is to just take responsiblity for your decisions, do things because they are right, not to please God. If you do things for that purpose, then you are admitting that you are just inherently evil and the only reason you don't do evil things is because you want to please God/go to heaven. Maybe focus on the fact that you know what is right and wrong and life doesn't always reward the good and punish the bad. You are not at the point in your life because that is where God wants you (though I don't rule out you might be), you are there because of the choices in life you made (or things that happened to you out of your control). I understand He provides guidance and blessings, that is part of my personal belief system, but micromanaging our lives is something the Bible tells us he is not in the business of doing. So please stop trying to sell me your God, because my God, well he can beat up your God, and my God is completely ok with me not completely understanding Him. So if God ends up being the 2nd Lutherian Protestant Reformed God, He will know it was still him I was praying to.
We had an interesting negociation session in class. I had to buy a used product and was authorized to pay up to $20,000 (cost of item if new). I was informed that Used it ranged from $12,500 - $15,000 when sold in the past. There were no other sellers and we really needed the product. We get into negociations and I'm thinking the other guy is going to try to sell them for as high a price as he can get. I throw out the price range of other used volume sets ranging from $12,500 - $15,000. He offers to sell at $12,500 and throw in free storage. I was like SOLD! No haggling. I got the low range and saved $7,500, any more would be greedy. Well after I find out he was authorized to sell as low as $5,000 and money wasn't the issue for them, it was getting rid of them. Thank goodness he was a nice guy and offered me the best deal I was hoping for, but had I only kept let him offer first, I would have probably got them for much less. Makes you wonder, I was super happy before when I thought I got a super deal, but when I found out I could of gotten a better deal, I wasn't as happy (still ok though). It really shows you how subjective things in life can be and how your outlook affects everything.
last notch in my belt
No comments:
Post a Comment