I went to vote when I got out of work. The line wasn't too bad. I asked for a paper ballot, but I was told I had to vote on the computer. I voted democratic of course. I walked out hoping to participate in an exit poll, but no one cared about what I thought. Once I got home, I turned on the TV to watch election results and watched late into the night.
The Democrats won back the House, this I am excited about, but I was hoping it would be a larger margin. Maybe I just can't understand why anyone would vote for Republicans. The Senate is still up for grabs and the VA race is very close. Right now Web is up by a few thousand votes (my vote counted) and we are on our way to a recount it seems. This will probably take a long time, but I wish it could be over sooner. I am very excited, but won't celebrate until we find out about Virginia. I always seem to be late to the area of contention, but this year I was right in the middle of it.
Update: Democrats won the Senate! Now we have the tools for real change.
Rumsfeld stepped down! Finally! This news really made my day. It looks like the tide is changing. I almost don't mind that Bush lied to us about not firing him. Of all the lies, that one I'm willing to take. I am actually just tired from all the watching of news. I want investigations, I want names, I want a better planf or Iraq. Minimum wage, man I hope they get that done quickly.
Tonight is the season finale of Lost. I am still addicted to that show. I'm looking forward to it, but once it is over, I'm going to feel like I am missing something.
it hurts more when a person is ambivalent and doesn't care than when they are mad at you
No comments:
Post a Comment