Wednesday was the soccer match between the USA and Mexico. I was cheering for Mexico and they won 2-1. It was only the 23rd time the USA has left winless from Azteca Stadium. I had a discussion with a friend about when I would root for the USA over Mexico. The only time would be in the finals of the World Cup and that is still a maybe. The USA is my team against any other country though. Speaking of soccer, I'm very much looking forward to the World Cup. One day, maybe, I'll actually get to go. In college we made a pact that we would go the World Cup, but it never/hasn't happened.
The summer is ending and so is my school zone free drive to work. I have gotten so used to it that now I take it for granted. Soon I'll be driving through THREE (3) school zones each morning while I'm running late to work. I guess students and teachers are going to have to join the rest of us in the real world. I'm very jealous if you can't tell.
It sucks when people you care about disappoint you, especially family. It feels worse when you go from extreme pride to find out that reason you were so proud was misplaced. Disappointment is a feeling that exists only in my mind because a person didn't meet my expectations. You can't change other people and can only change yourself, so changing my expectations would cure the problem. The problem is that I want to expect good things from the younger members of my family and not just accept low standards. You can't live people's lives for them, but there has to be a responsibility to point them in the right direction, give them the right counsel and do something about it. I'll get over it, but life is hard enough than to purposely choose to make it harder for yourself. I respect a person that tries and fails a lot more than a person scared or unwilling to even try. More so than a person trying to figure out the easy way. I feel helpless. A man must learn to fish and when his needs have been met his whole life with no sacrifice of his own, he isn't well suited to go out into the world and fish on his own.
So here are two great sites I have visited lately that have really made me laugh. So much so that they warrant mention. The first is called Failblog.org. This site can keep you laughing for hours. Here is an example.Fire Code Fail

I liked these too: Audi Billboard Fail, Online Dating Fail and Employee Intelligence Fail. They sometimes even post Wins, which are just as funny. Such as: Graffiti Win
Don't forget Paint Job Win. The other site I like is called Emails From Crazy People. That one is a trip, but it is not was quick and visual. With these two sites your productivity should go down drastically. Enjoy.Women Cry For 16 Months Of Their Lives, Study Says
Researchers found that between birth and the age of 78 a woman will cry for more than 12,000 hours, for reasons including hunger as a baby to falling out with a partner when older. That is a lot I think.
The Diet Killer: Your relationship may be hot, but it’s making you heavy. New research confirms moving in together often leads to weight gain. The article states that, "While men are extremely vulnerable to weight gain in the first 12 months of married life, they do better over time, whereas women just keep getting fatter and fatter." Don't worry, the article has advice to deal with this problem too in it.
This is always fun: How Men And Women Argue [Flowchart]
Krugman: Latest Income Inequality Numbers Show An "Even More Gilded" Society
This was the one realization that really started me on my Progressive track. The income inequality in our country is ridiculous and keeps getting worse. Now if I felt that income was distributed in relation to hard work and great ideas I think I'd be more of an Ayn Rand thinker. But that isn't always the case. I'm sure there is an economic case to be made on both sides, and I don't think the solution is to punish those with the most of the inequality, but to create a fair system where things are merit based.
No comments:
Post a Comment