www.flickr.com

Friday, November 13, 2009

Fading Away

"Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much of life. So aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something." - Henry David Thoreau

I have a long quiet drive to work each morning. It is all back roads and takes about half an hour. I'm driving out in the country so I usually space off and get lost in my thoughts while I'm still half asleep. It is a nice way to start to day because its a tranquil commute alone with my thoughts, although I wouldn't complain if it was shorter. One of the things that slows me down other than the 55mph max speed limits, is that I have to drive through 3, count them 3, school zones. This morning I noticed that they are building another elementary school along my 22mile route. This means that I'll soon have 4 school zones to get through in the morning. That is a lot of kids to try not to hit, even though I've never seen a kid crossing the street in a school zone in my life. Maybe it would work out if I had kids and I needed to drop them off at school. I need to find a place much closer to work I think.

Have you ever woken up from a dream and thought that it would have made a really boring movie. Usually I wake up and the memories of my adventures in imagination land make me question what powers or events actually did or did not happen. Damn, I think as I'm waking up that all my dreams came true and then they slip away into the forgotten fog of the fading false memory. Then there are mornings, like this morning, when I wake up and wonder why I was having such a boring and mundane dream. I'm glad that wasn't real I think to myself and then I feel like I wasted my night in some way. It goes hand in hand with the bad dream example where I awake to be glad that it wasn't real, but wonder why I have the residual emotional reaction to something that didn't really happen. Though, nothing beats the disappointment of waking from that dream where you finally got what you wanted or where she makes an appearance and you are ripped away by consciousness. It is those dreams I really enjoy, too bad last night was not one of those.

South Park this week was awesome. South Park takes on Glenn Beck. I could not stop laughing at the Beck parody and I liked it so much I watched it twice. I really liked the part about Avatar, since I didn't see that joke coming at all. I thought the Kill Smurfs idea was a dumb tangent and little did I know it was awesomely funny. You should check out WATCH: The 5 Funniest Glenn Beck Parodies Of All Time.

I found out this week that Dollhouse is Cancelled; Begins Journey to Nerd Martrydom . I'm not going to say I'm the biggest fan of the show, but I haven't missed an episode. I have been a Joss Whedon fan since Firefly and therefore was interested in his work on Dollhouse. The show was good, but not great. I wish it would have gotten another season. I wish when shows were canceled they would get money to film one last ending episode for viewers to tie things up. I hate for example how My Name Is Earl ended.

I'm glad the first time homebuyer tax credit was extended. It is still my goal to get my first home. I now have until April 30th. For some reason all I can think is that I want a house with an indoor jacuzzi. I think it would be nice to have. That and two stories. I think that would meet my requirements I set for myself as a child. The adult me has other requirements, like a shower instead of a tub and an island. Those pragmatic things I'll talk about when selection time comes nearer. This is definitely a leap of faith here and will take a huge blessing to become reality.

Oh, so I find out that the Austin Trail of Lights is going to be smaller but still free this year. That really sucks. It is one of those Austin events that I really enjoyed. I did like the event for more than a memory about an experience I had there with a girl (as my friend Christina correctly guessed), but also because of the way it really helped me get in the Christmas spirit. I don't know if I'll go this year since I feel like it can only be a let down. I think I would have rather had them charge (I know the recession) and do the full event than a smaller event. It just sucks I guess.

I say congrats because I worry I'm going to spell congratulations wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment