"Figure out what your purpose is in life, what you really and truly want to do with your time and your life; then be willing to sacrifice everything and then some to achieve it. If you are not willing to make the sacrifice, then keep searching." - Quintina Ragnacci (1967-, Entrepreneur)
Work has been ridiculously busy and I haven't had a lot of time to take to write. I figured I'd try a little bit of catch up this weekend. This coming weekend I should be heading down to the Valley because my brother might be buying a car. Hopefully I'll get to see some friends and get in some drinks. I'll be heading back again in May for my niece, Rebekkah's graduation party. I'm proud of her, not only for graduating from high school, but for going to college.
Let me start with what I was up to last weekend. I had a 3 day weekend and my parents came up to Austin for Easter break. It was a good trip. On Saturday, my brother and I took them to Guerne where we met up with my sister Eliza, her husband Gil and family (who were also on vacation) at the Gristmill for lunch. I really like that place. My niece Celeste, 2, always seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. Hearing her call me Tio Marty made me happy. After lunch, we all went to Canyon Lake and the kids had a great time. Gil's brother's family came too. I enjoyed getting the sunshine and it was pretty fun. It had been a while since I had thrown a football around. Too bad my sister Ana and kids were not there or the whole family would have been together.
Here are some photos from the outing. I need to update the photos links on my blog...just reminding myself out loud.
On Wednesday, Abram and I went to the Hills Cafe to watch some free country music. We met up with some friends and I was pretty impressed with the place. It has a great outdoor music setup. There were so many people in cowboy hats and boots that I really felt like I was in Texas. This was Abram's experience in college, so he is more used to it than I am. The music was good and I had a good time. We ended the night with some drinks at Docs.
Let me start with what I was up to last weekend. I had a 3 day weekend and my parents came up to Austin for Easter break. It was a good trip. On Saturday, my brother and I took them to Guerne where we met up with my sister Eliza, her husband Gil and family (who were also on vacation) at the Gristmill for lunch. I really like that place. My niece Celeste, 2, always seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. Hearing her call me Tio Marty made me happy. After lunch, we all went to Canyon Lake and the kids had a great time. Gil's brother's family came too. I enjoyed getting the sunshine and it was pretty fun. It had been a while since I had thrown a football around. Too bad my sister Ana and kids were not there or the whole family would have been together.
Here are some photos from the outing. I need to update the photos links on my blog...just reminding myself out loud.
On Wednesday, Abram and I went to the Hills Cafe to watch some free country music. We met up with some friends and I was pretty impressed with the place. It has a great outdoor music setup. There were so many people in cowboy hats and boots that I really felt like I was in Texas. This was Abram's experience in college, so he is more used to it than I am. The music was good and I had a good time. We ended the night with some drinks at Docs.
During the day on Wednesday, I attended my first oral argument at the court of appeals. My boss argued a case we have been working on for some time and I was there as second chair. He did a great job and it was an experience watching the judges ask questions and get into the cases that I have read over so many times. It was exciting seeing hard work and research finally come together in a great debate. No matter how the court rules, it is going to be a big deal I think. Another milestone and over a drink I can talk about how cool it was at length.
I haven't been to the movies in a while, but I convinced Christina to watch Hot Tub Time Machine with me. For some reason I really wanted to see it. I think it was because John Cusack was in it. I had much higher expectations than were reasonable. It is definitely a rental, but to be fair I was laughing a lot. I still haven't seen Alice in Wonderland.
I love my slingbox and recently it starting giving me problems. (A slingbox lets you watch your tv from any computer.) I was out of the warranty period and after some research I found out that the problem was the capacitors on the circuit board. Instead of throwing it out, I decided to try to fix it. I do not know anything about circuit boards, nor do I know how to solder components on. I thought about learning how so I could try to fix it, but instead decided to buy the parts at Radio Shack and pay a guy on craigslist to solder them on for me. When I got home, I was excited to see that it worked like a charm and all for about 20 bucks. I did not have to buy a new one, which to be honest I probably would have done. I'm very proud of myself for taking on this project, but part of me wishes I would have learned to solder so I could have done it myself.
Here is my TV update. Glee is coming back this week. I have no business watching that show other than my adoration of Lea Michele. I joined the show late and had to catch up, but the music is pretty good. Lost keeps getting better and better each week and as much as I'm sad to see it go, I can't wait to finally get my answers. Oh, and MSNBC is coming to Sirius radio, which for me is a great thing, and hopefully now I'll get to listen to Maddow in my car when I'm on the road.
Sunday, I was helping Abram with his phone and I don't know what I did, but he lost all his contacts. I'm usually really good with stuff and swear all I did was insert the memory card, but losing 5 years worth of phone numbers really sucks. I feel pretty bad about it.
I love my slingbox and recently it starting giving me problems. (A slingbox lets you watch your tv from any computer.) I was out of the warranty period and after some research I found out that the problem was the capacitors on the circuit board. Instead of throwing it out, I decided to try to fix it. I do not know anything about circuit boards, nor do I know how to solder components on. I thought about learning how so I could try to fix it, but instead decided to buy the parts at Radio Shack and pay a guy on craigslist to solder them on for me. When I got home, I was excited to see that it worked like a charm and all for about 20 bucks. I did not have to buy a new one, which to be honest I probably would have done. I'm very proud of myself for taking on this project, but part of me wishes I would have learned to solder so I could have done it myself.
Here is my TV update. Glee is coming back this week. I have no business watching that show other than my adoration of Lea Michele. I joined the show late and had to catch up, but the music is pretty good. Lost keeps getting better and better each week and as much as I'm sad to see it go, I can't wait to finally get my answers. Oh, and MSNBC is coming to Sirius radio, which for me is a great thing, and hopefully now I'll get to listen to Maddow in my car when I'm on the road.
Sunday, I was helping Abram with his phone and I don't know what I did, but he lost all his contacts. I'm usually really good with stuff and swear all I did was insert the memory card, but losing 5 years worth of phone numbers really sucks. I feel pretty bad about it.
it was nice
No comments:
Post a Comment