www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 30, 2004

On the Test

You know how when you are little and had new crayons, you protect them and don't want them broken. Well I have been treating my laptop like that. Today I finally broke it. (which reminds me, I should back up my law school files.) I was in class and I put my finger on this little piece
of plastic that sticks up and when you put the monitor down it makes the computer go into standby. (kind of like the light in a fridge.) So I touch it by accident and it breaks off. The means that everytime I close my laptop, it stays on. That isn't good for the battery or laptop. Plus I use a docking station, which means it (the monitor) will be on for the hours it is sitting there. I don't need this stress right now. I call Dell and they can fix it...but I have to mail it n...great...minimum 8 days to get it back and guess what I use it ever single day. I'd buy a laptop for the days I don't have one, but those stupid restocking fees suck.


I've noticed that everyone starts their questions with "So for on the test...[insert question]" So much better than the 3rd grade when we would say "is this going to be on the test" question. Its funny how you see your professor's face completely change and look pissed and annoyed. Stress from school is starting to kick in...all these people freaking out. I've tried to have a laid back attitude about it, but I feel like I just don't know what to work on because when I'm working on one thing I feel like I should be working on another...and somehow I end up doing neither and writing here instead. Nothing like being behind in the race to make you start to walk, lay down and take a nap. Who fights for 200th place ya know. I should probably talk less about my work ethic and actually just work. I feel bad for the people around me in my life right now. This perpetual stress probably hasn't made me too interesting or fun. I still try though, and I can't help being such a cool person. I don't do much, but school, sleep and daily show. Probably more sleep and TV than work, which I need to work on.

Some people are more reliable and dependable than others. I used to hold people (friends/new friends)to a high standard and as friendship grows so as loyalty goes. But I have come to accept that some people are just not as reliable and it's unfair to place that burden on them. The key is that you know they will be reliable for things that are important. I just can't take it personally that they choose not to be reliable to me, making me think that I am unworthy or their respect. Jorge is a good example...he likes to flake on trivial issues (he has gotten better over the years)...but I know he I can count on him for important stuff. This doesn't mean it can't be annoying, but it all has to do with the nature of the friendship because I know to some people I can be a total flake as well. Though that might buy into the fact that I value them less as friends, but that isn't always the case, so I can see both sides. It all comes down to patience and I need to learn to have more patience with people.

Have I mentioned how awesome the daily show is? Because it is. Last night Jon Stewart has the most awesome interview of this Bush campaign guy and started saying the guys talking points for him, and said "sorry I've seen you on other shows." It was cool shit. Fucking parrots. Can't wait to see O'Reilly on the show. Random fact: "Daily Show" viewers are 78 percent more likely than the average adult to have four or more years of college education, while O'Reilly's audience is only 24 percent more likely to have that much schooling. -- Tonight the show is live, so I'm looking forward to that.

So I have this new thing..."Cubans for Kerry." I'm just gonna put that bumper sticker on my car and carry that sign around cause nothing pisses off the Republican Cubans like Cubans for Kerry. Hopefully they will look beyond the Castro thing and take the other issues into consideration. I think that gives you mad credibility, to be Cuban and for Kerry cause then you'll know that to not support Bush must mean that this guy is really bad.

Ok multiple choice question due at midnight...lets get working.


No comments:

Post a Comment