"The joke was really his audience, who came across as humorless dolts. Damn Hollywood, learn something about self-deprecating humor." - Article about Jon Stewart hosting the Oscars
I feel like I have turned my mind off. Like I don't think about things or fully appreciate the consequences of my decisons from day to day. My decisions to do and not do things, what I eat, how much I workout. Just putting my head in the sand and hoping it will all turn out find. Then something comes up and hits you in the face...sometimes finals, other times bad health, and hopefully not things that I won't be able to figure out when I start looking around.
I had a paper due this morning. I spent most of the day Sunday working on it, and when I say day, I mean night and into the morning this Monday. Even when I do get working early, as I did in this case, it is like my pace is slow and tedious, until it hits midnight, when the few hours left start to become apparent and fatigue starts to set in. I just start pumping out more text and nwo the goal is just being done. It is like a cresendo of productivity. Of course that leaves you with the hope that if you only had one more day to edit your fine piece of work, you'd do amazing. Sadly you know when the thought crosses your mind, that if you did have that day, you wouldn't of been working on Sunday.
Check out these fun laws:
Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-344 (2006)
§ 18.2-344. Fornication
Any person, not being married, who voluntarily shall have sexual intercourse with any other person, shall be guilty of fornication, punishable as a Class 4 misdemeanor.
Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-345 (2006)
§ 18.2-345. Lewd and lascivious cohabitation
If any persons, not married to each other, lewdly and lasciviously associate and cohabit together, or, whether married or not, be guilty of open and gross lewdness and lasciviousness, each of them shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor; and upon a repetition of the offense, and conviction thereof, each of them shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
not the way I envisioned the weekend going
No comments:
Post a Comment