Thursday night was our last night of poker before spring break. We had a decent turnout, but poker ended much eariler. I did ok and it felt good having a winning night. Bob actually made it which was cool and I think he took home some money too.
Friday morning Mark and I got up and set course for Atlantic City. The trip was about 4 hours, but the idea of playing poker gave me the energy to wake up early.
So we go to Ceasers and I sit down at a 1/2 NL table. I'm a bit nervous and having bought 300 dollars worth of chips I sit down with 200 dollars. I get AKs dealt to me on the first hand. There was a raise to 15 and a 15 call. Not thinking that I know nothing about the table, I think, well I could push here and win 30 bucks and start off feeling like a winner. So I push all in. The guy next to me goes into the tank until he finds a tell on me and calls. The next guy overcalls and I know I'm in a lot of trouble. The guy flps over KK and the other AK. Aces missing from the deck I don't suck out and start off losing $200 on my first hand. I take out 100 chips from my pocket and 100 dollars from my pocket and start over. I try to not let it emotionally fuck me up and stay there for the next 4 hours and build my stack to 400 and then leave. I was exactly even. To be honest, I did win a hand where I sucked out, but still I felt on top of the world for being even.
A lot more poker was played. I lost 3 sit and goes and won 1 for $400 dollars. The is all the poker talk I have in me for now. I ended the trip down $20 bucks.
I spent Sunday evening relaxing and then I took off for Baltimore to pick up Erika. My timing was perfect, but she didn't notice because she was a bit stressed due to it being late and worrying about her luggage. I tried to show off my gps, but since I had done it before, she wasn't too impressed. I would of hoped she would of just pretended.
Monday we slept in. We got home late the night before. I did not start off the trip was the amazing tour guide I had wanted to be. I felt bad that I didn't have enough things plans, but I figured we would find a lot of things to do and since I plan too much I figured I'd go with the wind.
Tuesday I kept my promise of taking Erika to the zoo. Though this time it wasn't the Bronx zoo, it was the national zoo. I had a great time. I got to see the pandas and it was free. My feet did hurt after all that walking, maybe I should of worn better shoes.
Wednesday my allergies were a pain and I had to postpone our trip. We did get to go to the movies where I was happy to finally have nachos with hot cheese.
Thursday the trip was cut short. And so the story ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment