Needless to say, fucking was an immediate smash hit. Everyone agreed, from aardvarks to zebras. All the jolly animals -- lions and lambs, rhinoceroses and gazelles, skylarks and lobsters, even insects, though most of them fuck only once in a lifetime -- fucked along innocently and merrily for hundreds of millions of years. Maybe they were dumb animals, but they knew a good thing when they had one." - Allan Sherman (1924-1973) The Rape of the American Puritan Ethic, 1973
Wow that was a descriptive quote, but I thought it was good and I also am hoping my mom doesn't read my blog. I just felt Allan made a very good point that was worth restating.
As far as housekeeping issues go, I've been trying to revamp my blog somewhat and add some new features and remove some old ones. I decided to retire my message board. I think the comments section plays a better role and it's use has not proven to be helpful. I changed my comments section as well, so check that out too. I'd really like to know what you don't like, what you think is useless.
I haven't used instant messenger in like forever. I signed on today. It is always hard to remember who is blocked and who isn't and who I feel up to chatting with or if I even have anything to say. I used to be on aim all the time, but now I feel like most people I talk to don't use it anymore.
I complain a lot about finances, and I promise to stop...I also know it is just my chickens that are coming home to roost, but the noose is getting tighter each day so it is on my mind. I found out today I owe up to $850 in bills from my old apartment. Luckily I have some time, but it is just another obligation I have. All of this translates to more motivation or at least is should. There is the guy you are on the weekends and the guy who you bring to battle in the real world and despite all that is going on, I think that second guy is still pretty powerful except over the weekend guy.
Wednesday night I planned to go with Oscar to Speak easys for a dancing night. I still don't really dance much, but I enjoy going because my whole adult life my friends have always danced (salsa etc) and I feel comfortable just hanging out there. I ended up flaking out though to stay home and keep on my sleeping pattern which I've done a decent job of getting in order.
The new nano is out and I am not a big fan of the fatty nano. Why would you want to watch video on a nano? Wouldn't you just get a normal ipod? So maybe it wasn't that great that I didn't get the nano, but what do I need with an mp3 player, this is the problem Marty, do you see it?
Thursday I woke up early, really early. It always feels great to beat your alarm clock. I cashed out some poker money and picked up some medication at the store and then got some gas. I'm going out with everyone to First Thursday. I hope it is fun.
ha, nice quote.
ReplyDeleteyeah my sister and i talked more about the anger/argument thing. i totally get the it's bad to repress anger part but i feel like it should be able to be expressed without yelling. and granted i think arguments should be resolved but i really do think it helps to have space to think clearly and get perspective. i don't think most people think rationally in the heat of the momment. i think clay's idea of a short time out might be the answer. and i agree, yelling represents loss of control. so, yeah, i've thought alot about this these last two days......
Marty, it was good talking to you yesterday - thanks for calling.
ReplyDeleteIf you're still looking for good Austin bands to name-drop, don't forget Spoon. They have a newish album out called "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" which is pretty sweet. One of the songs goes:
You got no time for the messenger/
Got no regard for the thing that you don't understand/
You got no fear of the underdog/
That's why you will not survive.
You're the underdog, Marty! Stick it to the man!