www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Lease

"There is nothing so easy but that it becomes difficult when you do it reluctantly." -Publius Terentius Afer


As I had mentioned, my parents drove me up from the valley on Sunday to come and visit Abram and me. We had a good trip up. Abram took them out as I went to work and we had a BBQ Monday night. I was tired, so I ended up crashing early while they were here. They headed back on Tuesday.


You try to live your life one day at a time, focusing on what is wonderful and great about today and trying to worry about tomorrow. At the same time, you are also trying to plan for tomorrow and know that today's decisions affect tomorrow in many ways. That is a balance I'm always seeking and yet don't have.


Tuesday I looked at a duplex. I've been looking for an apartment starting May 1st to move in with Rino. I'm excited about finding a place. This place was too expensive though so I opted not to apply for it. Then I spent the rest of the week researching and finally narrowed it down to two places once one of my favorites had been taken. I was left with places that cost almost the same amount. Here are the pros and cons. The North Place ("North") was farther north and thus closer to Austin. The South Place ("South") was over 1000 sq feet bigger. So we had to balance size verses location. Rino and I talked about it for hours and we felt that getting more for our money made up for not being 8 miles closer to Austin. The place is only 2.6 miles from where I'm currently living. Thursday I saw the place and knew I wanted it. Since size ended up being such a big difference, I went with size. It isn't too far from Oscar's, so my life won't change much from what is going on now. Did I just put up a map of where I might live? I'll let ya know if we were approved. The master is huge. That other place was nice, but it couldn't help but be smaller because of the land it was on. I think we could of been happy there, but this place will be better for dogs. If we get it, I'll put up pictures.

Obama Race Speech: Read The Full Text I still need to hear this speech, but after reading it, man I would be so proud to have Obama as my president or vice-president. Wow.


I'm getting Good Friday off from work, so I'm off to the Valley to celebrate Easter. I'm looking forward to this trip. I haven't even unpacked from my last trip. I should probably get an oil change soon.

So Cornell, George Mason and Texas are in the NCAA tournament and it starts today. I'll be checking out their games and hopefully see them compete in later rounds. I feel like I'm late to March Madness this year. I hope the games are televised.

a leader

No comments:

Post a Comment