www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Primary

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968)



So today is Earth Day, did you know that? I didn't, but it seems like every year I forget until the day actually arrives. It kind of feels like the one day people talk about the environment, but more in a spiritual way rather than in a we have to really change the way things work type of way. I'm drinking from a water bottle as I type. I hear those are terrible for the earth. Hope you had a good one folks.


The air condition broke at work on Monday. It resulted in a very hot day. I guess the good news was that we got to get out an hour early. I had to go home to wait for the cable guy in the morning, so it really put a damper on the hours I was able to put in.

The only Sunday talk show I seem to watch is Meet the Press. I really respect the show and like Tim Russert. This Sunday I caught him making a mistake that really urks me. I quickly looked for an article to see if anyone else noticed the same and it wasn't too hard to find. Here it is.


On Meet the Press, Tim Russert asserted that “many Democrats fear Republicans in the fall will string together an ad which shows,” among other things, “[Sen.] Barack Obama with his hands clasped in front of him rather than holding his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.” However, the photo to which Russert was apparently referring appeared in Time magazine with a caption indicating it was taken during the national anthem, not the Pledge of Allegiance…read on.



I have this medicine for my heart. To be honest I'm not taking it. I took it a few times, but I wasn't sure if it was making me feel sick, so I just stopped. I just feel like my body should fix this problem on its own. This of course is not happening. The idea of being one of those people that gets a heart attack is kind of scary. That is the kind of thing that happens to old men, and in my case when I'm old, old men that are not me. It is hard to worry about something you can't feel. Maybe it isn't my body that should be fixing the problem, but instead my actions and choices.



You know what I hate more than bad smells? Bad smells that I've been around so long that I no longer notice. Our downstairs couches are really nice, but they still have that dog smell that although less, still hasn't gone away. My concern is that I'll just get used to it and not notice it anymore and the problem will still be there.


test results

No comments:

Post a Comment