Here is a list of things we all celebrate in small ways I think: making the yellow light, it being lunch time, Friday afternoon, the first sip of any drink, finishing a workout, a very good date.
So my sister Ana got a Palm Pre. I was super excited for her. She had told me that her Centro broke and she was getting it fixed. I told her she should consider getting a Palm Pre, but she said that even with the upgrade, it would cost her like $300, a price too high to justify for a phone when she can just fix hers. Well maybe my comments struck some kind of chord, but a few hours later she told me she worked out a deal where she could get the Pre at no upgrade charge. How cool is that? I hope she enjoys the phone.
As much as I think the Pre is a cool phone, I could not give up my iPhone. I got the iPhone 3.0 software for my phone on Wednesday. I had to give up my jailbreak, but I can probably just re-jailbreak it soon enough. There are a lot of small changes, but I'm very happy about cut and paste. I can't wait for TomTom and I thought I would be more excited about the landscape keyboard. There doesn't seem to be much room for the text messages in that mode, so I'll probably just go back to what I'm used to.
On Tuesday, I hurt my finger. In retrospect, the cut wasn't that bad and it healed fine, but the fear of what could of been did shock me a bit. Abram and I were putting the new gym equipment together when we were trying to get a metal pole through the weights unto the floor. It was jammed and much like putting your hand in a garbage disposal I put my hand under the hole to feel where the jam was so that I could help it through. Well Abram was pushing down and when it made it through, it caught my index finger between the bottom of the pole and the concrete on the floor. The blood wasn't as bad as the pain from the crush. I was lucky because I think more damage could of been done if he was pushing down harder. I feel better now. I feel like those comic book characters that heal really quickly when they are hurt, but in super slow motion in my case. The body is neat that way. Here is my visual representation. Oh Art school, such wasted money.
I also hurt my back on Tuesday. It really wasn't a good day for me overall. It took me a while to figure it out since I didn't do much of a workout because most time was spent working on the gym equipment. I had to do some mental detective work to figure out how I was hurt. I noticed it that night when I tried to lay down. The right side of my upper back was just killing me all the way to my neck. I figured I must of had my neck at weird angles while working on the equipment. But the pain was very focused. I felt around and pin pointed the exact place I had the pain and tried to move as to recreate the pain. As I did an imaginary pull up with my right arm I started to feel it. Then it hit me. So I decided to show Abram a cool pull up he could try which involved going up to the right and then to the left. Well I only showed him to the right. Well I'm not in shape enough to do those and I must of injured a muscle in my back. Now it is Friday and it still hurts, but at least it is getting better. That put a hamper on my workouts for the rest of the week. See what I get by trying an exercise I've never done before.I finally got to see the movie everyone is talking about, the Hangover. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it. The credits were great, but I kind of expected more explanation during the credits. It is a very funny movie and I recommend it. If I am ever going to marry a woman like the girlfriend of the dentist, don't let me.
Arlington: The Rap So I ran into this link a lot the past week or so, especially on Facebook. I feel like I should of been more entertained by it. Maybe I have been gone from VA for too long.
I have a list of sites I visit daily. Mainly, my two comics, news/political blogs and some tech blogs. I decided that I need to add to that list since I'm starting to feel like the internet is shrinking on me. So does anyone have any good recommendations? TMZ is NSFW so I don't go there. Just leave a comment with a great place to waste time on the internets.
So Thursday night we went out to celebrate. It was a long night, but it was fun. I'm very much paying for it right now. Going out on weekdays is such a bad idea. Yet I'll probably continue to do it.
So even though there isn't much TV on, there is some TV news: Katherine Heigl STAYING On 'Grey's Anatomy' As Knight Leaves
So I had planned on going to the Valley this weekend and I was very excited about it. Alas, I will not be going.
No comments:
Post a Comment