www.flickr.com

Friday, June 05, 2009

Sleep and Donuts

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” - Norman Cousins

Happy National Donut Day! Yeah, I didn't know about it either. Too bad I won't have a donut today to celebrate. I hear that some places give away free donuts today. Well the day isn't over yet, I guess we will see. For future reference guys, last Friday in June. NATIONAL DONUT DAY: Free Donuts For Everyone!

Thursday night, I was feeling sick so at 8pm I fell asleep. It had been a while since I had taken a good nap. My family came into Austin last night at 10pm or so to spend the night on their way to Ft. Worth for a wedding. I missed the entire visit. I woke up this morning, said goodbye to my Mom who was up making coffee and left for work. I saw everyone asleep and hoped they had a good night. I am feeling a little better today which is good. They left at 10am today. The good thing is that I'll get to see everyone on Saturday anyway.

One thing this time of year always reminds me of is that Teachers are off from school for the summer. I am so envious and I think I make this point often. I think all professions should have summers off. Now I understand your argument that we need people working during the summer, so why not give us winters off then. One day my friends, I will have this type of setup. Speaking of teachers, a "Dream Team" Of $125,000-A-Year Teachers Will Be Put To The Test . This is a team I would love to be on. I would take the job and if I didn't do well, well fire me, it could be in the contract. Hopefully this creates a new way to approach teaching. I really do think I would love being a college professor.




The Palm Pre is released on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing a real one in action. I see myself getting the new iPhone we will learn about next week, but I think the Pre will be a good competitior.



Jimmy Kimmel Goes Head To Head With Spelling Bee Champion (VIDEO)
This kid seems to be very smart and personable. I liked her appearance on the Rachel Maddow show. I'd like to learn the strategy her Dad used. If I had a kid, I think it would be fun to train them. I bet he could sell it. I watched the final round last week and was very impressed. Note, I can't spell worth anything.





Senate Dems: Expect A Health Care Bill Next Week - 47 Million Americans lack health insurance. Health care is a really big issue to me and it was one of the main reasons I voted for Obama. To be fair, it is one of my key issues, but his health care plan wasn't my favorite. It is why at first I initially supported Edwards (whose policy issues were dead on even if he had his own personal problems) and Clinton. What I want is pretty much Universal Health Care. There should be a standard of care provided by the government or non-profits (through private doctors of course) available to all Americans. We are the only industrialized country that doesn't have that. Now if you want extra crazy elective stuff, well then private insurance can play a role. The problem is that this isn't where our government is going. I'll probably support the bill since it will be better than our current system, but I don't understand why universal health care is so out of reach. We spend so much in taxes for war, for roads, for government contracts, why not on health care? Hopefully it will be able to pay for itself over time. Then you have the whole issue of how this would positively effect the economy and how much it would help small businesses and people seeking employment. I guess all we can do is watch.






Did you know that Fatherhood Makes You Smarter? I guess you always have more to learn.





America's Best Christian Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - Since I'm off to a wedding this seems somewhat fitting. Thanks Facebook Mark for sharing this.










hopes I would........ Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment