www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Expectations

"Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone - but not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding." - Bette Davis (1908 - 1989)

Do you know 75% of women are married by the age of 30? Assume 15% are non-bisexual gay women and that is 90%, which happens to be the same number as the women that will marry in their lifetime. I saw this on CNN. So this means that if I ever got married in my 30s, I'd be picking from the 25% of women left. Luckily guys can marry much younger girls. Well that will take place of a Vday entry, except, today when I went for lunch, I had never seen so many messengers carrying roses before. Maybe it was because of the office buildings. I didn't get any flowers.

It sucks trying to separate this date from being a precursor to another date. I think that will always make it harder. I guess those memories will always vividly be in my mind and our conversation about Valentine's Day we had only a short time before. It is also a way that I will never forget.

My worst fear is that I am going to lose all my files. Even if I back them up, whatever new ones I create after that I'll lose, so I don't have very good backups. Well, I bought a new mouse and in the process destoryed my computer. I didnt' have access to it for hours and when I finally forced my way in, I had messed it up beyond repair. Good news is that I have access to my files...bad news is that I lost all my programs and nothing works on my computer. So, to deal with this, I'm getting a new desktop, transfering all my files over and then reformatting my old computer and giving to my nephew. Until then, I have no desktop, but luckily my laptop is still working.

Here is my new trick for not skipping class. (sucks it doesn't work too well). I decide I don't want to go and accept that. (that was the old plan). But now I go instead and feel like I have one free skipping class pass I can use when ever I want. The problem is that after the one time I actually go when I don't want to, I feel like I can keep missing b/c that pass I just love using it over and over.

Ok, I am pretty pissed about CBS pulling Love Monkey. I thought it was a great show and now they have canceled it after only 3 shows. That is such bullshit. Instead of letting them play out their final shows they are playing reruns of other shows in its place. I blame them for taking a week off and not promoting it well. Plus, 10pm time slot isn't the best. I was looking forward to watching that tonight.

Here are some cool links to some interesting articles. The first is one that most guys can understand.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38704

I love how republicans love staying out of people's lives. Free market my ass. I guess this might be a good way to find out which girls to ask out.

http://www.bloggingbaby.com/2006/02/13/kansas-attorney-general-requires-reporting-of-everyone-who-has-s/

Ah, Valentine's Day. A day of guilt wrapped in anxiety surrounded by feelings of inadequacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment