www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Homecoming

"Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none." -Benjamin Franklin


So I'm sitting in an aiport waiting for my flight. I got here 3 hours early due to my shuttle, so I have a lot of time to kill. I enjoy airport entries because when I travel alone, I have a lot of time to just think and race over random thoughts that enter my mind. From remembering past memories about childhood to thinking about the bigger picture and what I want out of life.
Let me first tell you about the noticeable trend today. There are a lot of mothers. This seems like something I would be looking for this since it is the day after Mother's Day, but the flowers I have seen them carrying really stands out. I don't think I have been home for mother's day since high school. I feel like I say that a lot.."I haven't been home for..[insert here] since high school." Considering I haven't lived there since I was 18, it does makes sense.
So I'm thinking about where I plan on taking taking the bar when I graduate next year. My choices are TX, CA, FL, and VA. With any state I can work in DC, so I still have the opportunity to stay here and then leave or just leave once I'm done. DC is a place I have really mixed emotions about. Two years ago I took the first opportunity to leave DC for FL. I never thought I would be back, but somehow, fate and an important decision on my part brought me back. I love the politics of DC and would love to work for a firm in the city or the federal government. The problem is that I don't feel like I would like to settle down in DC. If I move to TX, then I should of chosen a TX lawschool and if I go back to FL, then I probably should of stayed in FL. I guess it all depends on the job I get when I am done and from what I can see, just getting "a" job is going to be very very hard.


In college, I came to see Ithaca, NY as home, and really enjoyed being there, even if it was way too cold. I'll never forget when one summer came along and I spent it there. I thought it would just be a continuation of the greatness that was college, but instead it started off very lonely. All my friends were gone and I was left alone with all the surroundings of what was familiar, but none of the people. It really hit me how important your friends are. I feel that way about dc sometimes, but I might feel that way if I moved home too.


Considering this, I feel like I could probably live anywhere, I just need to make sure I make some good friends. So I might as well pick a place I'm happy with instead of trying to figure out where I have more friends. I should probably make a few trips to all the places I'm thinking about and then focus my job search based on that.


I can't wait to be home.


I'm missing the finale of Grey's Anatomy, man if you only knew how hard it is for me to have to wait and see how things turn out.


Once I meet my goal, I need to know if I met my goal of who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment