The World Cup starts today. It has been a long time coming. I got exposed to the World Cup for the first time freshman year of college. I watched, but wasn't too interested, but everyone's excitment did rub off. Then after playing FIFA soccer on PS2 for the next 4 years, I got familiar with the players and history. The 2002 world cup was great to watch and I really enjoyed it. Now this is my 3rd one. Herbert had wanted to meet up for this one in Germany, but we didn't plan on all being so poor at this point in our lives. Maybe the next one, who knows. I'm rooting for Mexico, the US, and will enjoy watching France, Italy, Spain, and Brazil. I'd pick Mexico over the US mainly because it would mean more to them than to us.
I was watching a World Cup commerical and I heard this little boy say "vale." It really made think of Spain, where I was one year ago exactly. That would of been a great place to see the cup from, but there wasn't much TV access. I need to go back and hopefully soon. I made some really great friends there. Too bad some of them ended up letting me down. I guess you can't fault good memories though.
The NBA Finals are not as interestng to me since the Spurs are not playing. I like the Mavs though and since they are from Texas, I'll support them against the Heat. Game one was nice, but it just feels like these finals have gone on for a very long time. I have no clue what is going on in Hockey. That is sad b/c I used to follow all finals of all sports, but I just really don't care about Hockey right now.
I went to Burger King today. There isn't one near me so it is always a specialty. When I was ordering, I decided to do what I always do every 4th or 5th time I go into a fast food restaurant. I asked if they have jalapenos. I always know the person will answer no and sometimes make an ugly face at me. Today, I just felt like doing it, maybe because everyone that worked there was latino it seemed and I was hoping they might understand my craving. The lady said yes. I was floored. I told her no one around here sells jalapenos. She pointed to the picture above me of the Texas Whopper which has jalapenos. Its a promotion thing. So now they have them in stock, not because of any type of demand. Since they had them, they were willing to give them to me for free with my order. That was awesome of her. That really made my day.
While I was eating alone, I noticed two things, I can't read and eat lunch at the same time. I'm terrible at it. There were 3 women across from me and one baby. The older one, probably early 40s was filling out a job application while the others were helping her figure out what went where considering her English probably wasn't too great. It made me think of how blessed I am to not have to work for minimum wage and just made me remember that there are so many people out there working harder than me and getting paid much less. I hope she gets that job.
I hate that I am so messy at times. I've been around people that are so clean and organized I wish I were like them. For example, I get mail, open it and then put it down in the first convienent spot. Needless to say, I have mail all over my house. I decided that the reason I don't put stuff away is that I follow the rule of 'out of sight, out of mind.' So I probably would never see stuff ever again if I put it away. So something I might need, I'll leave out, and that leads to many things being left out and then messiness. I have piles, everywhere, but to me they are just reminders of unfinished business. Maybe that is my problem, putting stuff in piles instead of getting them done.
Not making things worse
No comments:
Post a Comment