“A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.”- Robert Frost
I slept on Saturday night in the living room on Mark’s couch. I felt like a friend staying over at Mark’s place for the night, unlike before where I always felt like it was my place. Mark was one of the greatest roommates I could of ever had. Despite how much I respect him as a person, he is a person you can talk to about a multitude of topics and in the end learn something new everytime. That and we both had a poker addiction, so it was cool having someone to share my new blind stealing lesson I had or the best way to approach a rebuy tournament. I’m going to miss living with him. I also didn't mind that when he would spend weekends with his girlfriend Dawn I got the whole apartment to myself. I do regret not being the best role model for him as far as law students go and my procrastination probably fed his as well. There were times we would miss throwing out the trash for weeks. It was a great place to live and I’m going to miss it.
Abram and my father drove and made it to Tennessee before stopping for the night. So far my cats seem to be doing well I hear. I don’t think I could do it hearing them meow in sadness, which is part of the reason I didn’t fly with them as well. I still can’t believe they got everything to fit. I worry for them a bit, but hopefully they are having a good time.
After waking up, I showered, shook out the soreness in my legs and back and finished packing my leftover clothes I was taking on the flight. I did leave behind a lot of my medications, but a lot of them were expired. Mark and I walked up to Subway to have lunch. I had driven up that hill many times, this was the first time I ever walked it. I like driving better. After lunch we said our goodbyes.
The taxi picked me up and 45 dollars later we were at Dulles airport. The trip was quiet and as the wind blew hard in the open windows I reflected on all that I was leaving and what is in store for me. It still has not set in. I was so happy to hear that I could check 3 bags instead of the 2 I thought, so I was able to check one that I was going to carry on. I was able to make it to my flight on time. I flew southwest, so since I had checked in online early, I had an A boarding pass. I was there early and there were people in line for A. I used to be those people. Instead now, I just sit down and wait until A boards and board last or close to last because the last A, better than just the 1st B can always get the type of seat I want (in this case window). I don’t care much about the front or back of plane, but I still seem to find a place in the front. The flight was short. I had a layover in Chicago. There was a time change as I moved to Central time and I looked at my watch. Usually I don’t bother to change my watch because I know my stay will be short and I’ll be changing it back soon. This time, it hit me, I’m a Texan now, this is my time.
I boarded my flight for Austin. It didn't feel too long, especially considering that at the same time my father and brother are driving all that way. When we landed, I picked up my bags, got my rental car, paid extra for the gps and made my way to Oscar's house. When I got there it was late, Oscar showed me my room and the lay of the land. I look forward to staying here. I unpacked a bit and went to bed.
I'm a Texan
congratulations marty! how crazy.... back to texas.....
ReplyDeletei hope you said your goodbye to wegman's too, lol.......
ReplyDelete