www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Out of My Hands Now

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew." -Abraham Lincoln

My final final is done. It was a late exam, which I am not too fond of, but it is over now so none of that matters anymore. I have a 10 page paper left and then I am done with law school. Luckily, I wrote the paper a while back, so all I need to do is edit it so that it seems somewhat understandable and turn it in so that I can feel the finality of the situation. I plan to get it in on Tuesday, just because I have a trip to campus.

On Tuesday night I went to play poker with Mark and Andrew at Andrew's friend's place. I hadn't played in about two weeks due to finals. It was a good break. It was a $20 buyin and there were 7 players. I ended the night with $116. It was a good night of poker. The interesting thing was that winning made me feel good, but not great. It didn't solve all my problems like I thought it would. It was a good night though and I was proud of my play.

Wednesday was a day of studying, so I won't talk too much about that. Thursday was more studying and then the exam. After I felt loopy and talked to my mom on the phone for a long time.

Now I trying to de-stress and maybe just maybe enjoy myself before I start to worry about the changes to come. Or think about the 40 pounds of books that are waiting for me in Austin. I have a lot of things to take care of before I leave including a lot more packing.
faith

No comments:

Post a Comment