www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Evidence

"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right'. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." - Napoleon Hill

On Sunday night there was a big storm. The rain was falling hard, but I just assumed it was a normal thunderstorm. The cats got scared and hid. Then Oscar's sister called and said she saw a tornado. Soon after, the power went out. We tried to find the part of the house we thought was the most safe just in case. The power was out for hours and it started to get really hot. It was time for bed but the power came on just before I felt asleep.

I turned my computer on before I went to bed and it would not boot up. That scared the hell out of me because I did not have it backed up. Usually Marty would obsess about the problem and stay up until it was solved. Instead I chose to relax, not worry about it and just have faith that things would be ok. I'm proud of myself.

Monday morning was the same routine of waking up mad early and driving 45 mins to class. After class I headed to best buy to pick up an external hard drive to hopefully back up my files. I then started to back up all my files while I studied. I don't know if I'll be able to get my computer working again. I have years of files on it, and then I think, is there really anything that is indispensable on there and my first impression is that no there isn't, I mean what if I wasn't alive tomorrow, would it really matter what was on my computer. Then I think about all my records and pictures and documents/work and I start to stress again. I need to name my external drive, I've used koki and mia, so I wonder what name I should use for my external backup. Maybe Tari. I hate having computer problems.

I was watching CNN and I saw this story about a man who was in a 19 year coma who just woke up. The entire time his wife stood by him and had faith he would wake up. Now that is real love, that is the type of thing I'm looking for. Not that I want to fall into a coma, but I'm sure most people would leave. Or maybe it is just easier to love a person who can't upset you. I feel like it is something I would do, but finding a person that would care for you that much is rare, but worth looking for. It remains me of the theme of Cold Mountain. I think I think too much about people proving their love through actions, but isn't that the only way you can tell? Seeing a person take concerete action towards making a relationship stronger is better than all the promises people make. In the same vein, I finally got to see the season finale of House. It was a story about a young man who crossed the ocean from Cuba to help save his wife. I really enjoyed it, but i have no clue about what is going to happen next season. I like the issue dicussing change. http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/02/polish.coma.reut/

On Tuesday, I did a double day of class. At 9am and 6pm. I wanted to have Friday off. That is 7 hours of lecture...though I do admit I did not follow secured transactions as well as I should have considering I did not take the class. I told someone I was taking cattle law as a joke, but secured transactions actually had a lot of law reguarding livestock, which made me laugh. It was a funny conincidence. Class ended at 9:30pm and the drive home was long and dark. Now I'll go to bed and in the morning be back in class.

It's a bit late, but Thank you CBS for renewing How I met your mother. I found that show on my own and it is one of my favoriates. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2007/05/thank_you_cbs.html?imw=Y


it's tuesday - no it's monday - i didn't feel like waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment