"You never learn from success. Success you take as the natural order of things."-David Ivor Young
On Friday I didn't have class. I waited for my cousin Rino to get out of work and then we drove down to the Valley for my graduation party. The drive ended up being longer when I took a wrong turn in San Antonio. We ended up getting home a little past midnight and Jamie was there waiting for us. We stayed up for a while catching up with Jamie and then went to bed. It had been a while since I had gone to sleep past 11pm.
The next morning we got up and drove to Mexico. I hadn't been the last few times I had been home and it is something I like to do. Rino and I crossed the bridge into Progresso and did a bit of shopping. We had a late lunch at a Mexican restaurant. We then purchased 5 bottles and then headed home.
After stopping by my mom's house, I went over to the Party. Rick was nice enough to let us use his backyard for the party. Eliza and Ana put the party together and I didn't have to worry about anything. When I arrived I was very surprised with how much effort and work that went into the party. I was impressed with the decorations, catering and all the details (including my favorite food brocolli) that went into it. The first thought that came to me was wow I am really loved. They set up tables with a casino theme, there was a bar, a cake and a table of pictures from past graduations. It was also great that the backyard was really awesome with a pool, palm trees and space. My family started to arrive and I got to see a lot of my family that I hadn't seen in a while, but want to start seeing more. My cousins, aunts and uncles all arrived and they were all very proud of me.
I tried to visit with everyone and was very thankful that they showed up. I feel like I was able to get to know some people a lot better too. As the night got later, Ricardo, Jerry and Leonor showed up. I was happy they were able to make it. We drank and talked for a few hours. Late into the night when everyone was gone, we were left with Ana, Eliza, Rino, Rick, and Alex. We stayed up until 4am and I got really drunk. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to start drinking in Mexico that morning. Overall, I had a really great time.
On Sunday, I woke up and had lunch with my mother, Eliza, Tori, Bekkah and Jamie. I made sure to with my father a happy father's day. We then started our drive back to Austin at about 1pm. I received some text messages that were sent days earlier, I wish my phone would just work normally. The drive was shorter on the way back, but felt longer.
On Monday it was back to business as usual. I went to my morning class where I learned about Trusts. Claudia did not make it, but Hector did. I left my contracts cd in Rino's cd case, so I talked to Abram on my drive back.
I have some news. It seems like everyone is getting married, well engaged as of late. I just found out that my friend Jorge and Michelle are now engaged. I am so happy for them. They are the quintessential perfect for each other couple. Jorge is a lucky man. I think that is pretty amazing news.
grand day
No comments:
Post a Comment