So I just found out that a good friend of mine from DC got engaged. I feel like I have said that a lot recently. We met when she was an intern for me. I'm pretty excited for her. I almost feel like I knew this already. Hard to keep track I guess. We hadn't talked for quite some time so our chat was about he generic how are you doing stuff. I'll still never get the whole concept of the less you talk to a person, the less you have to say.
I have some good news. Today I own my truck. After 5 years of paying on my Toyota Tacoma each month, it now finally officially belongs to me. It is paid for and mine. It is the first adult thing I have truly owned. I'm proud of myself for staying the same car and not just upgrading for a better one. I'll probably enjoy the lack of car payment for a while and then try to figure out how I'm going to get into that dark blue (maybe grey/silver) BMW. In celebration, I took my truck to the car wash to have her cleaned up and filled her up with a full tank of gas.
So after work on Tuesday I went home to check out the work my father and brother had done. The electric fence they put up looked very sharp. It has 3 levels and according to the power meter looks like it really zaps you. No one has dared try it out let. So far I've only seen Brooks get shocked. The box says "mild shock" so I'll try not to worry about that part too much. I was very impressed.
After, while I ran, they went to Walmart to exchange a Canopy/tarp thing that I had brought for shade. It had broken. Once they got back we set it up and it looked pretty sharp. Now the dogs have all kinds of shade and will hopefully not be able to get out anymore. I was glad he came to help.
Later I treated them to dinner at the Roadhouse. We ate and had a few beers before my father took off for San Antonio for his trip back.
Right after, Vanessa and Mario showed up with their new son Sebastian. Vanessa is Rino's sister and my cousin. We all hung out and talked and watched TV. They brought like 3 Cha-Chi (Jess's dog) type dogs with them. The cats were not too happy. I had a good time hanging out and got to bed a bit late. In the morning Vanessa was already up, but I guess that is part of being a mom. I really hope my wife let's me sleep.
One conversation that I found interesting was when I asked if our home looked more home like or more college like. I was hoping to get props for 3 guys living in a house and it looking like a house with matching furniture, paintings on the wall, etc. We don't have movie posters up, no posters at all, and no mismatched stuff either. Vanessa was like, no this definitely looks like 3 guys live here. Her statement was that it looked like a Bachelor type place rather than a home, but I think she was comparing it to a place that would have a feminine touch like candles all over, flowers and centerpieces. I guess I'll just have to keep on working to make it the best bachelor pad I can.
My 4th of July plans are coming together and I'm excited for that. Now I need to figure out which of all the activities I'm going to do.
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/naps/ : I need a nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment