www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hurricane Dolly Party

"Too many shadows in my room
Too many hours in this midnight
Too many corners in my mind
So much to do to set my heart right
Oh it's taking so long i could be wrong, i could be ready
Oh but if i take my heart's advice
I should assume it's still unsteady
I am in repair, i am in repair...
I'm in repair, i'm not together but i'm getting there
I'm in repair, i'm not together but i'm getting there"
- John Mayer, In Repair

Wednesday hurricane Dolly hit the Valley. Here is a picture of it over the Valley. I was safe up here in Austin, but my family got to experience it. I heard that it could of been worse. I'm glad everything turned out ok. Is it even hurricane season yet? I have no fonder memories than that of preparing for a hurricane as a kid. There was this fear and anticipation, just like before you get on a roller coaster. There was always a strong sense of security, which is why I don't see them like I should. I'm sure had one torn my roof off I'd have very different thoughts about them. Sometimes the power would go out and we would get to use candles. Fire is fun. I always felt our home was very hurricane proof, but I don't know how a child has the expertise to make that assumption. I hope all the damage is minimal. It should give us some rain up here. I hope there were some good hurricane parties.

What an unbelievable story: Christian, A true Lion King





It’s stories like this that really are incredible. I know it’s been around for a while, but I never saw it before. A couple raised a lion cub in the UK and eventually he got too big to handle so they brought Christian back to Africa. A year later they visited him even though there was a great chance that he would have—forgotten them—and not been very kind since he lived in the wild and all, but surprisingly he remembered them. The affection he showed was pretty remarkable.


I have to say, Jess posted an entry about Christian The Lion on her blog the other day and I just bypassed it. She even posted it as a bulletin on MySpace. When I saw it mentioned on the Crooks and Liars today, I watched it and was pretty moved. My apologies to Jess. Hopefully you don't do the same. Oh it is Snopes fact checked too.


Seriously guys, that is exactly what Koki would do. Now Mia, no she would eat me. They are getting pretty big. The lion kind of reminded me of Jasper though. Had he got returned to the pound, maybe that would of been his story.


Nice to know the recession is affecting everyone:
Porn Not Recession-Proof: Amateur Porn Good Enough Substitute In Trying Times


In good times and in bad, sin sells; booze, tobacco and sex have all weathered countless economic storms over the centuries.
This recession is a little different, though. It's been extremely challenging for adult filmmakers, who are not only wrestling with anemic consumer spending, they're also competing with a nearly infinite supply of free, amateur videos from countless user-generated sites, not to mention a glut of traditional inventory.
Read the full story here

I've become a big fan of Mob Wars on facebook and Mobster on Myspace. It is fun, you should check it out. Oh and join my mob too, we have cookies. I don't think you can win or anything, but it is still neat. I've learned that I have terrible money management and completely over estimate my ability to fight and take attacks. I have my BMW though. It resembles real life in that sense, but not in, well every other sense.


The Science Of Temptation...And How To Resist It


LiveScience is reporting that women are less likely to succumb to temptation than men. Apparently women, after happening upon an attractive alternative, tend "to be even more committed to bolstering their present relationship," whereas men "are more likely to view their girlfriend in a negative light."
Apparently this stems from the fact that women take a slightly more defensive stance - they view these attractive outsiders as possible threats to their relationships.
In a study performed by John Lydon of McGill University, results found that after meeting attractive and available others, "women were 18 percent more likely to forgive their "romantic partner" who hypothetically had either revealed an embarrassing trait or lied about why he recently cancelled a date." Men, on the other hand, were 12 percent less likely to forgive a girlfriend's comparable mistake.
So, how should men hone their temptation resistance? By picturing attractive, available women as probable threats. Lydon explains, "We think that if men believed an attractive, available woman was a threat to their relationship, they might try to protect that relationship."




I'm a pretty big fan of the temptation. I didn't fully understand the point the article was trying to make, but to me it sounded like, men=bad, women=good...which by now I'm sure we all know isn't really the case.


I need to book a hotel room for Jorge's wedding. Oh and I should get them a gift soon too. I'd better get a todo list out and start adding to it.




it doesn't feel like a love gift, but that is besides the point

1 comment:

  1. you bypassed my video huh? twice... shame on you! j/k

    It really is an awesome video though! I shed a few tears!


    I saw the update on Hurricane Dolly on the news this morning.. it doesn't look pretty. They showed South Padre Island, and all the electricity was out, etc. I hope everyone is safe, and OK.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete