www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another Day

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.” - Bernice Johnson Reagon

Tuesday I was cleaning up around my desk at work and I found a mini calendar I had made on a post it note. I wanted to keep it, but it wasn't very useful anymore so I threw it out. It wasn't like I followed it anyway, with getting sick and all. Then I found out that I was late on paying my Kay's bill. I should of picked it up a few weeks ago. This started some online bill paying that left me thinking about the 15th already. I lowered my netflix plan and hope to implement other cost saving measures soon.

I have this to do list that feels like it doesn't change much sometimes. One thing that was on the list for a long time was getting Max a new tag after changing my phone number. Koki and Mia got new tags a while back (very nice, but a bit big) and today I finally got Max's new tag. Hopefully that will give me some momentum for knocking things off the list. You know, like going to DMW to get a new license, to the dry cleaners, the tailor and new air condition filters.

I hate to admit this, but I never saw the final episode of Friends. I saw a majority of the 10 seasons, but since I caught it mostly on syndication, I think season 9 and 10 I didn't fully watch. That being said, I was home and there was a Friends episode on. I checked the info and it was called The Last One. In watching it, it became apparent that I had not seen it. At the end of the half hour, we were left with a cliffhanger. It was "Part One" of two. (I'm guessing the finale was an hour.) Guess which episode didn't follow? Part Two. So now I'm off trying to find part two so that I can finally see the ending of Friends. I know what happens, and maybe caught parts of, but look forward to watching it.

Do you know the average person buys over 50 greetings cards every year? I am definitely not the average person. I think I buy 3. Wow.

I know this is TMI, but my favorite pair of boxers tore. They have British flags on them and reminded me of the countries my friends and I were given in college. That, and they were really comfortable. I was England, which was something to be proud of. I was never demoted, but I'm sure I've deserved that. There is a much longer story here.

My brother got a job. I think it is technically part-time, but it should be really helpful for his resume. I hope he enjoys it. It really does seem like things are tough job wise everywhere. For example, I ran across this story:

Thousands Line Up For 35 Miami Firefighter Jobs
More than 1,000 applicants had stood in line -- many of them camping out overnight -- to apply for 35 firefighter jobs.

Update: Unemployment hits 7.6 percent

Rachel Maddow keeps making news in my book. So I listen to her radio show on my way home from work (or via podcast) and then at night watch her TV show. It is part of my news cut back strategy. I had started listening to her radio show before she had a TV show and really liked it, especially "Ask Dr. Maddow." Monday, I notice it wasn't on the air, but she takes vacations so I just ignored it. Then Tuesday, the same thing. I have to do a lot of research and then find out that she is not doing her radio show anymore. (NY Daily News link). There is a morning hour thing they are doing on the radio, but it is not her regular radio show. I get it, she was super super busy and something had to give. What I don't get is why she didn't say so on her last day of her radio show. I apologize if I was just not paying attention, but on her Friday radio show and her Friday TV show there was no mention about the changes. I think it would of been a thoughtful thing to do, especially for people that listen. So now I've gotten an hour back in my day, maybe they will give her the 10pm hour too.

This was pretty interesting: Behavior: $1? No Thanks. 100 Cents? You Bet. [New York Times]

the key

No comments:

Post a Comment