"My father used to always say there were four rules for getting married:
1. You need a woman who loves you unconditionally
2. A woman who will always challenges you
3. A woman who you always want to make love to
And more important of all, 4. you need to make sure those women never meet.
It wasn't a joke when my father said it either, more like autobiography."
- Lie to Me - ep. on 2/19
My office needs a good cleaning. I wish I had a legal assistant. I just don't think I'm very good at filing stuff. I have enough experience, but still need a good system. I know where everything is, but it could be organized much better. I'll figure it out. My surroundings feel like the thoughts in my brain, they are everywhere, but it is hard to focus on just one thing without being distracted with everything else.
Thursday night was a TV night for me. Lie to Me (DVRed), Grey's, Private Practice, the Office, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl...man there is a lot of TV on Thursdays. What happened to the good old days when people read books instead. I created a cocktail of all my favorite vices to accompany me.
Socks, Former First Cat, Dies
19 years old. I may not have super president resources for my cats, but it gives me hope. Rest in Peace Socks.
I've made a transition to being a more responsible money manager now that I'm fearing the economic downturn. I'm trying to find ways to save money and stop making it paycheck to paycheck. My goal is a little over a year from now to own a mortgage on a home. One thing I do that helps is at the beginning of the month, I pay rent, Rino deposits the money into my account and Abram pays me in cash, usually from bartending. I collect the cash in my new money clip and keep it as a sort of savings. If it isn't in my bank account, I don't spend it. It also works as a poker bankroll in case I ever need it or a quick ATM. It feels like the old days when my grandparents saved their money in coffee cans. So this month I was paying my bills online (you can pick the day they are delivered) and noticed that once again I was short come the end of the month. I had to take all the cash I had saved up and deposit it into my account yesterday to cover the difference. That leaves me with about 30 dollars of wiggle room. So it feels good knowing I'm paid up until March 1st, but man am I cutting it close. Luckily I use my AmEx charge card (must pay off each month) to get through the rest of the month (ie gas, food, etc.). My dad was right, your expenses really do rise with your income. I need to be living at about half of my expenses that I currently have. No time like the present. Thanks for bearing with me, it is just a topic that is on my mind a lot, but not too interesting I admit.
I was cleaning my room, which is more like moving stuff from one place to another because it doesn't really have a place. Everything should have a place I was told, and I tried, but I'm still not there yet. I vacuumed and changed my sheets and could not believe that I could still not find the ear drops that I had bought a while back. How could they just disappear? Then I noticed in the crevice in my bed on the side I don't sleep on, it was right there between the bed frame and box spring.
Today I canceled my Friendster account. I had forgotten I had it. It was the first social networking site I joined. I got the idea from Mark D. back in the day and decided to check it out during my downtime at work. I kind of feel bad for them, they were first into the area, but got beat out by MySpace and Facebook.
...[deleted]...If that were the case, I would be indifferent then, but maybe that is the part that bothers me, having indifference rubbed in my face.
I got to attend a real estate closing at work. It was very informative. It made for a good ending of the week. I also had to hand deliver a brief we have been working on.
i deleted friendster a while ago. the big step for me was deleting my facebook about a month or two ago. it's all facebook now.
ReplyDeletei deleted friendster a while ago. the big step for me was deleting my facebook about a month or two ago. it's all facebook now.
ReplyDeletei deleted friendster a while ago. the big step for me was deleting my facebook about a month or two ago. it's all facebook now.
ReplyDelete