www.flickr.com

Monday, February 02, 2009

Superbowl Watching

"Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty in communication. They would rather defend their dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others. Therefore, having rationalized their phoniness into nobility, they settle for superficial relationships." - Unknown


Sunday I watched the Superbowl with much anticipation like most Americans. Unlike years past when I've been surrounded by friends and pizza, this year it wasn't as festive of an event. Abram and Rino went to friend's houses to watch and I bought a 6 pack of beer, some chips and watched from home alone. I would of rather been at the parade. I really wasn't in the mood for going out, I haven't been in quite some time. The game was good. I was rooting for the Cardinals because they were the underdogs. I was very excited when they almost pulled it off, but almost means nothing in football. I got a few things done cleaning wise, but still have a lot to go. I guess there is basketball and baseball to fill the void until next fall.

Here is my personal take on the superbowl ads. My favorite was the Doritos Crystal ball one.





Here is a breakdown of all the Superbowl ads and videos. Other good ones I thought were: cars.com one, and the Audi commercial. You know, Alec Baldwin's Hulu one wasn't too bad either.

I hope you are having a happy Groundhog day. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so 6 more weeks of winter. I don't even know why they have a weather.com when we have almanacs and groundhogs. Such a great movie. I have less to say about this day every year.

I wish I had HBO. I was watching Big Love this weekend and it is hard to keep up, but I'm only one episode back. I didn't think I would like the show when I first started watching it, but now it is season 3 and I'm still here. On a similar note: Mormons Admit Larger Role In California's Prop 8 Campaign Banning Gay Marriage

I finally got to see The Reader and Doubt. Good movies and great acting, but I don't see them having widespread appeal. I'm close to being ready to Tivo quickly through the Oscars this month. I still have Frost/Nixon, Vicki Christina Barcelona and Revolutionary Road to watch soon, oh and Rachel Getting Married (I'll probably pass on this one). The Visitor, Frozen River and Happy-Go-Lucky I haven't seen either and don't have plans to see right now. That is a lot of movies left I guess, but still less than the amount I have seen already. I'm pretty sure Slumdog Millionaire is going to take it for Best Picture.


It is not hard to feel disappointed in yourself. I hate letting myself down. I feel like I have standards and rules I live by, things I hold myself to, hold others to. What I'm willing to accept and not accept. Then I see myself break those rules over and over telling myself that it is just an exception, that it serves the greater good, but I'm really just lying to myself. I've always prided myself on keeping my promises and I know that breaking just one defeats the entire meaning and dependability of my future promises. I just need to be more consistent with who I want to be and consequences be damned. What kind of happiness you do you get from compromising your values? There is a difference from doing what is easy and what is right. I forgive myself I guess.

I got my new desktop in. My old desktop has died on me and I was able to savage files by connecting my old harddrive to my computer. What really sucks is all the programs I'm losing. Programs I paid for, but no longer have the serial or are registered to that computer only. Also my old tv tuner is broken as well. I'm hoping to do a fresh install on the old computer at some point.

being careful

1 comment:

  1. The crystal ball dorito ad was my favorite too! :)

    ReplyDelete