"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her." -Oscar Wilde
I ran into this quote the other day and I thought it was telling. It is probably not the best sign of emotional maturity when I believe this quote to be as profound as I think it is. I do appreciate the fact that if you rigidly reduce your capacity to experience pain you inevitably reduce your capacity to experience joy and pleasure. I'm think we are all for being happy and that I must say is always my focus. That Oscar Wilde has some great quotes.
So tomorrow I'm getting Lasik surgery. As I mentioned in my last entry, I'm pretty nervous about it, but I'm also super excited. On Tuesday, I went in to get my eyes dilated in my pre-op exam. I don't have a great camera and my eyes are brown, so it is hard to see, but my pupil was huge.
Everything checked out, but my drive home was uncomfortable, even with the sunglass thingys they gave me for my glasses. When your eyes are dilated the sun and all light is super bright. I had to stop at Walmart to get my eye drops and I felt like an idiot wearing those things. Here is a picture of what I had to wear until I got home.
I felt like one of the three blind mice. The brown one on the left of course.
This just cements in my mind that I need a good pair of sunglasses. Of course, they sell some there at the doctor's place, so I'll probably pick up a pair of over priced Maui Jim's on my one day post-op and then later take my time to pick a pair I really like. I shouldn't get ahead of myself though, I still haven't even had the surgery.My dad is driving up from the Valley for my surgery. At first I thought this would be unnecessary since it is an outpatient thing and you can go to work the next day. The thing is that it ended up working out pretty well because I need a person to drive me from the surgery and to my one day post op exam. He will also be bringing up a puppy that I'm considering keeping. No matter how old you get, parents will always be parents.
Pre-ordering my iPhone 4 was a major pain. I spent many many hours trying to get in online, but the whole thing was a mess. I was finally able to get my iPhone 4 ordered at almost 7pm having first tried at 8am and then for hours after. Now I just need to be home or have a person home on June 24th to sign for my new phone. Hopefully it will be ready to go just in time for my trip to Kentucky. I'm glad I finally got my order in because now they are not available for pre-order until July 14th. I don't think I could have waited that long, especially since I skipped the 3GS which was not easy for me.
The NBA Finals are in game 7 on Thursday night. I went for LA last night, but on Thursday night I'll be cheering for the Celtics. Boston has a good track record when they have me on their side. (ie the World Series.) I will admit that I think that LA is a better team and that Kobe might be one of the greatest players ever, but man I hate the Lakers, almost as much as the Yankees. I'm a fan of the underdog. It has been an enjoyable Finals even though I feel like I missed most of the season. Once this is over, I'll only have World Cup soccer to hold me over until the NFL this fall.
Trueblood has started again on HBO. I just saw the season 3 premiere the other night. I like the show, but I'm not a fan of this whole vampire craze that got energized by Twilight. Still, HBO knows how to put on a great series. I don't find the gap in Anna's teeth endearing, but who I am to say. The introduction of werewolves should make it interesting and I'm glad the last story line is finally over.
my last day where I can't see the alarm clock
If u need anything, lemme know!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck ;)