www.flickr.com

Saturday, January 21, 2006

3 a.m.

"Motivation will almost always beat mere talent."- Norman R. Agustine


Yesterday after work, I went to Dicks Sporting Goods in Fair Lakes. I didn't have a map of the area, so I have to admit, I got really lost. Not lost as in far away, but lost as in, I knew I was within 1 mile of the store, and I could find every store, but Dicks. I finally stop off at the mall. I thought about doing some shopping, maybe getting some shoes or some jeans. I went in to one store and found a nice pair, but they didn't have my size. The mall looked really nice, but my goal was to go to to Dick's, so instead I just left and drove around some more. I finally find the place after trying every combination of turns possible and damn the place was huge. I purchased some things I needed, but somehow felt like I was in a rush. I actually had no where to be, but I did know I had about a good half hour drive before I'd be home. I also picked up some shoes, but I don't know if I am going to keep them. I've never owned a pair of new balance, so I figured I'd give them a try.

I got some important phone calls out of the way during my trip. I talked to my grandmother. Well I found out that my grandfather was put back into the hospital yet again for the 3rd time Thursday. I think it had to do with his diabetes. This must be so stressing on her, each day having to travel back and forth and the possible loneliness of going home alone at night. I pray for my grandfather everyday, but I just don't understand how each time the doctors say he is getting better, yet it is so easy for him to get hospital sick. I understand 95 is very old, but he is a very strong man. There is nothing I can do from here, and even from there I can't really do much either, so I have to accept my powerless situation and hope for the best.

I also talked to Herbert. It had been a while since we had last talked and it was good to find out how he was doing and the important events going on in his life. We talked about a friend's wedding, which we haven't recieved invitations to yet, but I'm sure I'll be getting on at some point. He is living the after grad school life, which isn't as glamourous as I would of imagined. I'm sure opportunity is coming soon for him, but like everyone else, I feel like his biggest obstacle is knowing what he wants to do with his life, what does he want to be?

Today I got my replacement 26in monitor back. It feels good getting off of that 17in I was on this entire week. It saddens me that it will probably break soon as well, so I need to call and see what my options are on extending my warrenty. It feels good to have things back to normal.

I miss football. I know the super bowl hasn't passed, but Saturday isn't Saturday without being able to watch college football or at least some NFL playoff game.

I finally got to see the movie Erin Brockovich. It had been a long time coming, but I enjoyed it. I used some time while I was putting some stuff together to have it on in the background. I have read a lot of stuff saying bad things about her, but I just have a hard time believing that all those people got sick from other causes.

Today I finally got my tax sticker. I am very happy because I always get $40 tickets for not having that stupid sticker on my truck. Now I feel like I am formally a resident of Virginia. Fuck, I live in Virginia, who would of ever thought. I also got my apartment bills for the last 3 months. Damn our gas prices for heat was high. Imagine one month $87 and another like $500. Crazy ass shit.

Mark is going out of town on Sunday and will be gone until Thursday. I guess I'll have the place all to myself for the week. It can get pretty quiet around here, but I can use the time to do some cleaning. I hate when I let things get dirty, but that is how I live my life, clean up, then let it all fall apart, then clean it up again, and bam back to shit. Everything it seems is like that.

I still need to buy some $200 diesel jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment