www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cinderella Man

"Put more trust in nobility of character than in an oath." - Solon

Today my sister Ana turns 34 years old. There is going to be a time when I am home and I can go celebrate this day with her. I haven't been home on the 15th, probably since high school, but I can add that statement to a lot of things. I bet when I turn 34, I'm going to feel a lot younger than I consider her. I guess it is like when the younger brother asks the older brother if one day he will be older than him. She is a really good older sister, someone who is easy to admire, strong, and a good role model.

Friday night, I went out with Mark and Shawna to a bar Mark read a review about in the Post. It was called the Science Club. I don't go out too much, not because I don't enjoy it, but I just don't have a group of friends to go hang out with. That is what I enjoy the most, just going out and drinking and talking it up. Well everyone has their plan to open the perfect bar, one that will suit their needs and fill that void we all believe exists. This is meant to be that type of bar, but it isn't yet the magic place. It was pretty laid back, and we had a great time there. After, we went to Dr. Dremos where we finished getting drunk and M&S played fooseball. I had a great time that night, but drinking just makes me useless the next day.

Saturday night, I watched Cinderella Man. This is a very good movie and I recommend it. I always try to look at the different relationships in movies and figure out exactly what type of people might be out there. It made me start thinking of stuff that has nothing to do with the actual characters and such, but creates this entry. The most important person who needs to believe in you is yourself. You just can't count on other people to believe in you. I think this is the reason a lot of people either do well or fail. The only person that should truly care about your success is yoursef and everyone else is just an added benefit. The problem is that even if you believe in yourself, an accomplishment means nothing when you don't have people there who were behind you and believed in you too. A person that can see your potential, potential you don't even see, who thinks you can do anything you put your mind to, who will stand by you no matter how badly you fail and help you get back up again, is a person that is very special. This is also the type of person a lot of us want because it is a good crutch. Someone to let you know what is and is not possible.

This type of person is an uncommon person that we all would like to be, but rarely are. I can do great things in this world alone, but I would rather do them with a person I love, who supports me, believes in me, loves me and I her. I want to be that person for someone else, want them to know that I am there for them and will never give up on them. Their achievements will mean as much to me as my own and their failures will be our obstacles. Despite all the gayness of this, in short, is it that hard to find a kind, sweet, caring and loyal person who wants to take on the world with you. I know I can succeed alone, I have done it and will continue to do with it. I try to do what I can to get better at that, but personal achievements mean nothing if they are only for feeding my own ego.

I've been watching the playoffs and so far every team I have been cheering for has lost. I am glad that I am not a betting man. Now that New England and the Colts are out, I don't know who I want to win. I guess I'll just sit back and watch. I always hates when football season ends because other sports I don't find as fun to watch.

I have been trying to de-clutter my life, but no matter how much I throw away or try to organize, I just own a crap load of clutter. I wonder what is it about me that makes being messy feel so normal. Who knows?

Some people just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment