You meet many role models in life, but most don't fit the typical mold. One person I feel I was lucky enough to meet was Dawn Halfaker. I know Dawn from my time in DC. I think I know more about and of Dawn than Dawn herself as a person, but she is a pretty amazing chick. She is going to be featured in an HBO documentary on September 9th. http://www.hbo.com/events/aliveday/index.html It is called Alive Day Memories. Check out this video that previews the show. Just the video alone makes me pretty emotional. I don't know her story really and I look forward to watching it and hearing all the soilders experiences. What I do know about Dawn is that she always seemed to be the example of someone that worked hard and got a lot done. Her resume is amazing and where she gets her motivation and energy I don't know. I'm sure you just have to google her name to find out all kinds of praises. That is because I don't know everything she is involved in, but I remember thinking when I would hear random tidbits of what was going on in her day, man, Dawn gets more done before I wake up (I sleep in a lot) than I tend to get done in a week if that. I had just assumed it was good habits she picked up in college or the military, but then when you hang out with her and you find out she is really cool as shit as well. Even though I feel like I know her, she is a friend of a friend and I've only hung out with her a few times. Mainly I'm writing to say that you should watch this documentary and to say that I am really looking forward to seeing it. Now I'm off to google some articles Dawn has been featured in. Here is one."Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." - Justice Brandeis, Olmstead v. US, 277 US 438 (dissent)
Wednesday was another day enjoying my situation and making progress toward my goals. I helped Abram with his resume and took care of a lot of other important things. I'm starting to see that ticking clock and I know I need to pick up the pace. I guess there isn't much to say on this topic.I've been feeling really sick lately. I can't get these headaches to stop and it does make getting a lot done, but I'm hoping all this will pass. I wish I was just a normal healthy individual.
memories
No comments:
Post a Comment