www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rehab

"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, no, no.
Yes I've been black and when I come back, you'll know know know.
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I’m fine.
He's tried to make me go to rehab I won’t go, go, go.
" - Amy Winehouse


Ericka introduced me to Amy Winehouse and I don't really know any of her songs except the above quoted one, but it is catchy I think. She is one of her favorite artists. I've seen her in the news lately, I guess there is no such thing as bad press because I like the song now.



I think I'm going to have to become music literate now that I want to live in Austin. Maybe enough to fake it you know, like know one or two local bands, then two big current bands and just keep using them as my examples. I'm still trying to get current on what was cool in 2001.


Thursday I had a doctor's appointment. I'm always proud how I get there exactly 5 mins beforehand. I feel like I know they are going to make me wait anyway, so why increase my wait for being there early, but if I'm late, when then I almost feel like they have a right to keep me waiting. The insomnia thing is still a problem, but maybe it is just mental and I should focus on lifestyle changes. My housemate Danny can go out and come in at 2am and still be up at 6am for work and still run and go out that night. I was never young like that. The not having insurance thing does suck but I trust Michael Moore will help fix my problem. I mean he was able to get GM to stop moving factories to China, and got rid of guns, and helped us get out of a terrible war of choice....ok, well then maybe I hope to find a job where I'll just get screwed less by the system then.



I wrote MSNBC yesterday. I don't send viewer email, I always thought that was the kind of thing you do if you are old and want to complain about everything. They bring on this young veteran named Jon Soltz from Votevets.org to argue with the neocons and I'm always amazed at how well he frames his arguments and not only agree with the points he makes, but how he makes them. So, since I have seen him on a few times I just decided to write in and tell them that I commended their guest choice.

Pickles, yes this is another thing I think about. So I grew up loving those big dill pickles you would buy at a convenient store or movie theater and though they may be bad for me (but I'll pretend they are not) I eat them. So I'm not talking about the dill pickles you buy at the store that are small or sliced for sandwiches. Here is the question, so I refrigerate normal pickles without even thinking about it and have no reason not to. But this huge 5 gallon jar I bought today is way too big for the fridge. It says refrigerate after opening on the jar, but I remember them being out at room temperature all day. So I don't know what I am to do. The question is do you have to refrigerate large dill pickles? I've read up a bit on it and it seems pickling was a way of preserving food pre-fridges, so one might think no...but I read comments saying that the process is different now. How about peanut butter and jelly? I still put jelly in the fridge, but peanut butter I keep out, is that ok? I should know more about this type of stuff.

Mia is starting to transition into becomeing an indoor/outdoor cat. Koki is not a fan of the outdoors and I'm completely ok with that. Mia can only go to the backyard through the doggy door, but she doesn't remember she can do it on her own and I let her out a few times a day. During the day she knows how to get back in, but at night she will stay out there for hours. I wasn't worried she would jump the fence because she is still fat and I know she wouldn't be able to get far. Plus she has a collar with her name and my phone number. Then it hit me, I changed my number, so that number doesn't work. That means I need to get them new collar tags...maybe even some new collars rather than these old worn out fear collars that are no longer effective. Hopefully I'll find a store that has an engraving machine.


Mocha and Magic Party



No comments:

Post a Comment