www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Dawn

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change,
courage to change the things we can,
and wisdom to know the difference
." -Author is Complicated




The other day I went to Sam's with Abram and Rino. I'm not a big fan of buying in bulk, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I guess I won't really know the benefit until a few months from now. What I can tell you is that I have a lot of paper plates.


I'm looking forward to this weekend. I have a feeling that it is going to be really good, so why not get my hopes up. I think I'm going to keep an open mind and just let things happen.



I had talked about no matter how much I like Hillary Clinton and want her to be vice president, I had finally joined the Obama bandwagon with hopes that he does pick her as vp. Now, I always noted that I thought both were great and both would be great presidents, but I do have some observations. The one that that made me go from supporting Obama to really hardcore wanting to be on his team was the Reverend news coverage issue. Man, that so pissed me off. The incessant cries of, 'oh how could he know that man', 'how can we trust his judgment', just straight up crap right out of the Republicans speaking to the lowest common denominator bullshit. Now I know Hillary was behind in the delegates and had to do whatever it took to win, but to jump on that bullshit bandwagon talking point too made me feel like that quote about how you have to be careful that when fighting with monsters (republicans) you don't yourself become one... it really seemed to fit. The way she edged him out in my book back in the day was that I knew she could fight back hard, but I at least hoped that she wouldn't resort to Rove type tactics. That contrasted with a man who wouldn't throw a family friend under the bus even when that man ended up just making things worse. Now that he has it all tied up, I guess it is time to get ready for the Republican slime machine. They are good, I give them that, but what gets to me is that some people really think they are doing an honorable thing since the ends can justify the means. McCain has come out and said he is going to run a respectful campaign, I give him that, but those 527s don't really care what he says and he seems to have no control over them.

I found this excerpt on a friend's blog from an article.


RECENTLY my mother asked me to clarify what I meant when I said I was dating someone, versus when I was hooking up with someone, versus when I was seeing someone. And I had trouble answering her because the many options overlap and blur in my mind. But at one point, four years ago, I had a boyfriend. And I know he was my boyfriend because he said, “I want you to be my girlfriend,” and I said, “O.K.”

I read this today:

How A Big Booty Boosts Your Health : I know the topic is funny, but I find it interesting that we are at a point in society that we can talk about such a serious topic like health in the news and use the words "Big Booty." I don't mind, but it made me laugh. [I think it is an English paper.]

maybe i have have trust issues, but believe me, I have earned them - HIMYM

No comments:

Post a Comment