www.flickr.com

Friday, May 23, 2008

More Like Myself

"And half of them are just nasty skanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny assholes." - Mike, Swingers (1996)


So the plan was drive down to the valley this weekend for my nephew Andrew's graduation party. We are all very proud of him and I hope he gets enrolled in college so that all that is taken care of. Considering my many trips home already and the Republican skyrocketing price of gas, I instead am donating my gas money to buy him a special gift instead of going down. I'm sure he will enjoy it much more. I've been a home a lot recently and somehow I feel that staying away for a while is what is best for me.

I'm looking forward to Memorial Day weekend, but as of right now, I don't have any concrete plans. I haven't really been in the mood to be adventurous and outgoing as of late, but I need to get on that. I'm sure something involving the outdoors and beer will help me get my mind off of things. Holidays are few are far apart and since I'm not a teacher or student who gets summers off, that one extra day in a weekend means the world to me.

So I purchased a lot of corn dogs a while back. They went uneaten, so now I've started on them. I forgot how much I like them. It is true that scents and tastes bring back memories. You know what I could really go for? A cheesecake from Cap Grill.

During lunch I run errands from time to time and every time I enter a walmart, target or heb I run into the young housewife with kid/kids in tow. I assume they are housewives because they are not at work and their kids are a bit older. They tend to wear that jumpsuit type outfit or something pretty casual. I wonder how I would feel about my wife staying at home...or how she would feel? I mean, isn't there a career on hold or waiting? Most seem pretty young, a lot younger than me, which kind of throws you off because you assume they are older since they have families and all, but nope, you're the one that is older. I wonder when the single working moms shop.

Other than Memorial Day, we have some other days coming up. Vero's birthday is on the 28th. I still have yet to figure out how exactly to celebrate her birthday, but I make it a point to think about her and wonder how old she would be turning today. Then Abram's birthday is on the 30th. He will be out of town so we don't have any big plans. Any other things worth celebrating this month have already passed.

So in my year here in Austin, I have not built a solid group of friends. I think what really keeps me from doing it is one, I worry that if I do make a good group of friends, I won't be able to keep good touch, secondly, I've always been so picky with who I'm friends with. Sometimes you just need somebody you can meet up with after work for a drink and share your problems, your plans and generally have a good time. It seems like all the people I truly trust either live in DC, the Valley, Cali or NY. Maybe I notice these things more when I'm in one of those states where I feel like I need people more.

I saw the season finale of Grey's last night. It was unremarkably good and for some reason really moving last night. There were moments like when he said, "its just a bad patch, I have done this before...and I'm older now and know what I'm doing." Then that scene with the candles was the highlight. All my shows are ending again, I forgot summer is not very fun TV wise.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Not wanting to midnight call any of my friends I decided to go and spend some quality time with the dogs. I just hung out with Max, laying there staring at the sky wanting to think about what came over me, but just clearing my mind and enjoying the night. It did help I think.

I am not a fan of medical problems, but here is one I can't get my mind around. I've been feeling really sick at work. I fainted/ almost fainted again yesterday. What could be causing this? The feeling is terrible and worries me because I've never had it before in my life. Here are my theories. First is that it was the Ionic Breeze ozone I had in my office, but I had one of those at home and I was fine. I got rid of it and the headaches persist. I turned off all air filters, but still the same. There is another one, but on the other side of the office. Maybe it is the cigar smoke, but why would it be getting worse now? Maybe something is wrong with me, I'm under more stress, but I don't feel this way at home. I need to figure this out soon.

So I'm glad that McCain finally got rid of Hagee, the endorsement he solicited and accepted. This man first made me upset when I read his book deception point which my mother had. I always worry that she reads words of hate hidden under the guise of being Christian. The funny point was that his book was about how the Clintons were so evil because they would LIE to us (you know, whitewater and about their personal sex lives.) This of course meant it was the end of days, but its more than 1o years later and no rapture. This was years before we got the Bush administration that moved beyond pissing on us and calling it rain, they piss on us and tell us we just have to deal with it. They took lying to a whole new level, a level that makes Hagee's arguments about the Clintons seem even that much more ridiculous. This man is the type of person that makes me wish that real Christian's would stop following these idiots so that they don't have to think. Oh I can read scripture and then add a story to it and tell it with some disingenuous emotion...wow I'm a cult leader I mean preacher.
Watch this video where he talks about Hilter and Jews. - Hagee: Hitler Was Fulfilling God’s Will - "Why did it happen? Because God allowed it to happen."



Of course, this should all be outside of the political discussion just like the Wright issue, but I bring it up to talk about Hagee and not McCain. To be fair Jon Stewart did warn McCain. Jon Stewart Warned McCain About “Crazy Base World”

it only feels like you are being ignored when you want to talk to them

No comments:

Post a Comment