This weekend I got the text message: Joe Biden Is Barack Obama's Vice Presidential Running Mate. I was pretty excited since he was my VP pick of choice. He will not let these unfair attacks go unanswered. More on this topic in a bit.
This was a good weekend. A good friend came into town and we made the most of it. I went to see Ester's Follies, a place that Rick had introduced me to long ago. It had been over 10 years since I had been and it was cool how some of the same parts of the show were still there. It was a very current and updated comedy skit show that had me laughing so much. We sat in the front row which added to the fun.
Monday was the first day of school for everyone. My mom, who is teaching pre-K, all my nieces and nephews and even my friends and family in college. Sarah and JoMichael are now in Jr. High. That should be fun. Bekkah is going to be a Junior and Tori is starting 4th grade.
The drive to work has slowed down with the three school zones I have to pass and all the parents dropping off their kids. Summer time has ended. The college students are back in town as well.
Monday night was the first night of the Democratic National Convention in Denver. This is must see in my opinion. The first night had an amazing tribute to Ted Kennedy and the speech by Michelle Obama really touched me. Michelle was electrifying, inspiring, and absolutely magnificent. I don't know how you don't fall in love with her when you hear her story and the way she talks. You have two people who have dedicated their lives to helping working people and people in need and yet they are painted with lies that people actually believe. I just wish people would take the time to learn the truth instead of being lazy parrots. Coming from a working class family and following all the rules, working hard, going to one of the best colleges in the Nation (Princeton) and then law school at Harvard. That is what everyone is told to do and they did it. I'm so excited about having well educated intelligent leaders who earned their way to the top instead of just being born into it. (ie our genius President we have now.) 3 more days of the Convention. Tonight Hillary speaks.
Below is the video of Michelle Obama's Amazing Speech. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Update: Jess Agrees that Michelle Obama's speech was moving
Bill Maher (Religulous) at DNC 2008 - Monday - Here is an interview Bill Maher did with MSNBC. It didn't start too well, nor end too well, but he made some points in the middle that I thought were good such as: "Things do seem to be getting worse because people get stupider and stupider every election cycle." ... "They think offshore drilling is going to lower the price of gas and they think Obama, the black guy from the single mother, somehow is the elitist." ... "Mitt Romney will have to educated the people on..."
I got this from a friend after reading my last post:
What happens to your body when you drink a coke. Interestingly, I drank a coke afterwards. I enjoy this part:
45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
But not this part:
>60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
some people are not willing to take the chance it won't work out
No comments:
Post a Comment