www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Penpal

"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us." - Unknown

We are getting a lot of rain. Cliche, huh? Talking about the weather. Either way, it is raining a lot and it is well needed. It does make the day seem gloomy and that kind of stay in bed type of feel. I feel bad for the dogs though, they are getting pretty soaked as of late. I'm sure we will be back to heat waves before we know it.

I am ridiculously happy. I just found out the news about: Rachel Maddow Replacing Dan Abrams On MSNBC Effective Immediately. She is so intelligent and can translate that to making logical arguments and observations. Go read where Keith Olbermann took to DailyKos to break the news. I had mentioned this a while back when I heard about rumors. Now, I would rather her have taken over the 6pm CST David Georgory time slot instead of the 8pm CST Dan Abrams spot, but who am I kidding, I'm just glad to be able to watch her at anytime. Too bad I can't get Air America here because I've heard really good things about her radio show.


My truck is starting to slowly have problems. First the passenger window stopped working. No biggie right, I use air conditioning. Then I find out the back window won't properly close. Not good during rain. Today I can't figure out why the brake light is on. I keep checking the parking break and it is fine. I can get it to turn off, but then back on again. I would take it in, but I have no clue how much it would cost to fix these problems.



Did you know that More Women Are Having Fewer Children, If At All.

I had a good conversation with a friend the other day. I got the usual lecture of how can you complain about anything when you have so many things that others hope for. You do feel better, but it doesn't change the fact that people are always wanting more, wanting to make things better and trying to fix things. I guess the approach would be to do all those things without complaining or focusing on the half empty party. I talk for way too long on the phone though.

Barack Obama's Vice President: Announcement Expected This Week: I very much looking forward to this. I want an attack dog because I'm tired of taking the higher ground and letting Republicans lie and smear with Democrats standing by saying that the American people have better judgment than to believe that. I'm rooting for Biden, but he is the front runner I've heard so it isn't too much of a stretch. I was a Hillary supporter, but her campaigns actions post-losing the nomination have made me understand why they can't put her on the dream ticket. Then again, the reason I supported her was that I thought she had more fight, which is what I'm faulting her for now.

August is usually a slow month. A good month to take vacation in. I'm looking forward to a good vacation, but I'm going to have to wait until late September.

Seriously, this is what it looks like:




If you do laundry and then leave it in a big pile for half a week, most of the clothes is useless to wear. This is a lesson I should of learned long ago. I could iron, or rewash...hummm.



what would you do if you were me?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    My Honda had the same problem (parking brake light randomly comes on). I took it in and they said that it was caused by gunk building around the indicator light, and it would cost around $30 to fix (at the dealership). I wound up not having it fixed because it isn't causing any problems. It's over a year later and so far no damage done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot thinkc. That makes me feel a lot better. I'll probably wait until I get tired of the non-opening passenger window or the lights that have gone out in my dash to take it in.

    ReplyDelete