www.flickr.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hospital Table

"I have made this letter longer than usual, because I lack the time to make it short (Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue parceque je n'ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte)" -Blaise Pascal, Lettres Provinciales (1656-1657), no. 16.


I don't know why, but I really want this laptop: HP TouchSmart tx2z series . I know I don't have a grand to be spending on a laptop, nor the credit from HP for one, but it doesn't change the fact that I want it. Maybe it would be nice to rent one for a day to see if I would really like it. The reason I want it is that it has a touchscreen. I don't know how often I would use it, but it just seems like something nice I could use to play poker while watching TV. I probably should think of more uses for the touchscreen though.

Yesterday I got my new Pearls Before Swine book. Sgt. Piggy's Lonely Hearts Club Comic: A Pearls Before Swine Treasury. It is pretty much the first two books in one with commentary from the writer/artist. I wish all comic collections had this. It will never replace Pooch Cafe, but it is still a great comic. I stayed up late reading it last night and am almost done.


My brother had an interview for a legal assistant job the other day. I really hope he gets it since I think it is something he would do really well at. I'm sure it will be some time before we find out. I'll keep my fingers crossed. This economy sucks, I think I am very lucky to have a job right now.

I get these ideas in my head. My latest is that I want a hospital bed table. Now I know what you must be thinking, this lazy guy, he just never wants to get out of bed. I think Abram told me that I should get an IV bag as well. But the truth is that I think it could be useful in many different ways. How exactly I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that once I have it I'll figure it out. It is used and really cheap, so I figured the idea was worth. One thing I will say is that I don't plan on using it on my bed (well not so far at least). I couldn't find one anywhere, but got lucky enough to find one on craigslist. I heard that they might have them at walmart, but when I last checked I didn't see anything. I wonder what they are officially called.

Lesley Stahl Interviews Rachel Maddow: I know I talk about Rachel Maddow often and how I catch both her air america show and her msnbc show daily, but this interview of her gives you a great understanding of what she is all about.

In other news I'm listening to CNN this morning and they are talking bout dressing up during a recession. Here is their big plan so you can save money. Go to Walmart or Target? No, instead of going out and spending $16,000 on a new dress, you can "RENT" one for only $1,000 for the night. What a deal? What type of middle class person can afford to buy a dress for $16,000, much the less rent one for $1,000. How about take those $1,000 and go the gap and buy an entire wardrobe or clothe your kids. If this is what it means to be in a recession, I think that CNN just doesn't get it.

peta too sexy for nbc superbowl

So I read about this article, but didn't know the video was out. I watched it and found it disturbing, almost like a weird niche type of porn. It does not make me want to eat vegetables at all. The PETA Files: nakedArchives - they seem to be more about getting naked nowadays than animals, well at least that is when I notice, which I know it the point. I had fish today fyi, am I good?

KITTY CAM VIDEO (Watch It Here)
I found this on the Huffington Post today. I think it is the same thing as this next link.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitty-cam-2
- Kittens.

enough

1 comment:

  1. $1,000 ! Is buy 50 AK47s in Afghanistan. Yes, can buy AK47 in Kabul for $20 is very cheap.

    ReplyDelete