www.flickr.com

Monday, January 12, 2009

I Don't Know

Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time.” - Sara Paddison


Texas won the Fiesta Bowl! It was a fun one. Abram had a small gathering for the game at our place. It turned out to be a fun time and the Texas come back made it all that much better. We even played some rockband afterwards. Later in the week Florida won the National Championship.

This weekend SNL hosted by NPH from How I Met Your Mother had some great moments including the opening. Check out the video. Saturday Night Live: Rachel Maddow Interviews Burris And Blagojevich (VIDEO) The Doogie Howser digital short was pretty impressive as well.




`Slumdog Millionaire' wins 4 at Golden Globes
I wonder how it will do at the Oscars. I still need to see the Wrestler. I did get to see Che Part One. I wish I knew more of the politics and history. I thought it was a good movie and can't wait to see Part Two/the rest of the movie. What I do know is that he was around 29 years old when he helped lead the revolution in Cuba. Makes me wonder if I would have that in me. I also need to see Frost/Nixon, but I keep putting it off because I don't know if it is going to be enjoyable.

The Science Behind True Love - SCIENTISTS have discovered true love. Brain scans have proved that a small number of couples can respond with as much passion after 20 years as most people exhibit only in the first flush of love.
I have always thought that fairness was a big deal, but how can I think that when I'm not always fair to myself. I accept things from myself that I wouldn't respect another person a person for.

Friday night Erika played poker with family and friends and did amazing. She outlasted the whole field to come out on top. She was very happy with her win and I was happy for her. I then went to play poker with Rino on Saturday night. It was Mike's 30th birthday and everyone got him some pretty funny gag gifts. I'm real bad at seeing the difference between gag and mean spirited, but the gifts he got were clearly gag. The guy who runs the poker clock wasn't there so I downloaded a program and set up a clock for the game. I went in with the usual expectation to try my best, but knowing that to win I would have to get lucky. We broke up into two tables. I had a slow go of it. I was medium stacked for the first hour and didn't win any big hands, but didn't lose any big ones either. Then a guy at our table got huge and that made it more difficult. I hate it when people say they didn't get any hands all night because you don't always need hands to hang around and people easily forget the hands they did get. Once we were down to one table I was fairly short stacked. I was sure I would go out 6th or 7th. I switched over into push fold mode and was able to make it to the final four, still the smallest stack at the table. Finally I moved into the top 3 and at the last minute I was able to steal some huge blinds a few times and then double up to get a good stack size. By the time I got heads up I had a dominate chip advantage. I ended up winning 1st place and took home $120, $20 less than we had set up for first because I cut a deal to increase 2nd place. The guy I played against is very good and has won almost every time. Even with a 2 to 1 chip advantage, I wanted some insurance. It felt good to win, but Rino and Jess had to stay there very very late which I felt bad for. The last time I played poker was at Mike's place.


I have a Harmony One remote I programed for my TV, TiVo and DVD player. So far I like it a lot. I feel like there is still a lot more that I can do with it, but just don't know yet. I like that it lights up in the dark.
Smart Men Have Better Sperm: Study I'm just saying. Yet smarter men seem to have less kids. Hummm.

This reminds me of lessons I got growing up. (the monkey part)







why do I

2 comments:

  1. by the way, ostriches(?) are EVIL! when we went up to jorge's wedding, we went to an ostrich farm and an ostrich stole the food pan out of my hands. it was so scary! it had a crazed hungry look in it's eyes, like it was about to peck me to death. i'm so glad erika escaped with her life. and then the lady at the farm got mad at me for not holding it tight enough! i almost died! so i have formally announced my hatred of ostriches.

    anyways, hope you had a great birthday, christmas, and happy new year!

    i want to write on my blog one of these days but there's been of course a million excuses why i haven't. hopefully i'll make myself do it sometime this week. i have great news i want to share. i had a ct scan that showed dramatic improvement and it's the best results i've had all year long. things are going well! so happy.

    i know, new year, new grind, new resolutions. i hope i can keep mine better this year than i did last year. talk to you laters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:09 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete