I watched way too much inauguration coverage on Tuesday. From the swearing in, to the parade and even the balls. I don't know how Obama was able to attend them all, it was a lot of dances. I wonder how much they enjoyed themselves. Everyone else seemed to be having a grand old time.
BREAKING! The Obamas' first night in the White House:
"What a day!"
"Phew, yeah...what a day!"
"I'm exhausted. Could you get the light, Barack?"
"Yes I can! I will not only get the light, I will shine the light for all Americans and show them the way through the darkness! It is a light that arises from the hopes and dreams of the old and the young, the black and white and yellow and red and brown, the gay and the straight, the rich and the poor! It is a light on whose rays the promise of hope...and opportunity...and achievement...all soar to a distant, brighter future! But it will take all of us, working together in a spirit of shared sacrifice and commitment, to make that light a beacon of progress. And I say to you tonight: This is our moment! This is our bedtime! This..."
"Oh fer god's sake never mind, I'll do it myself..."
[Click!]
The Oscar nominees are out for Best Picture. Nominees: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, Milk, The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire.
I'm going with Slumdog Millionaire, (I know, how original) but I still have to see Frost/Nixon and the Reader.
I missed Lost on Wednesday. Long story short, I fell asleep when I got home and didn't wake up until 1am. I did get to watch it on Thursday (I love my TiVo) though. After all this time, and never missing an episode, I still feel very lost. Yet I still watch. It feels like just yesterday I was watching season 1 on DVD. I remember losing lost of sleep trying to get them all in.Our firm had two oral arguments on Friday. I think they went really well. I won't get into all the details, but it is days like today that make me happy that I decided to be lawyer. This is what I was born to do.
I had plans to go home to the Valley this weekend, but things didn't work out. Maybe another time.
Here is a fact that I didn't know:
Bill Frist disclosed that he went to animal shelters and pretended to adopt the cats, telling shelter personnel he intended to keep them as pets. Instead he used them to sharpen his surgical skills, killing them in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment