"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -Winston Churchill
I'm very much looking forward to the inauguration. I'll probably have to watch from work, but wish I had the day off. I'm sure there will be a lot to see and I'll be tired of it all after the day is out. Either way, I'm very excited for January 20th.
Thursday I was starting to feel really sick. To the point where I had to leave work early to go home. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't feel too great. Friday I called in sick and spent most of the day in bed. I had plans to go down to the island for the weekend, but that was interrupted by my sickness. It got in the way of a lot of things to say the least. After a day in bed and lots of nyquil, I'm starting to feel a little better, but new symptoms seem to keep popping up. There is nothing worse than being in pain and not having any sympathy or even empathy. It is just you and the sickness. What a waste of a 3 day weekend.
I saw Gran Torino like I was planning. I thought it was a good movie, only after you get over the dialogue of the racist character. I still don't think any life experience gives you the right to be racist, but the other parts of the film really make it worth watching. The other movie I saw was the Wrestler. I thought it was a good movie and the best actor award was well given, but I feel like a lot of the message went over my head.
Here is a interesting take:
Vagabond Scholar: If BUSHCO were a football team, they'd be the 0-16 Detroit Lions, but would insist they'd actually won every game - except for a couple losses - which weren't their fault. [from Mike's Blog Roundup ]
Where am I going to be 6 months from now? a year from now? It is interesting how one day you have one idea and another day a completely different one. I don't really know, but I do know that with whatever comes, I need to be looking at 5 years from now and stop living this hand to mouth routine. I don't want years to pass where I'm getting by, but not really living. How this is done, well I still haven't figured it out yet.
while you are down
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete