I don't like being around people
Makes me nervous and weird
I don't like going to show either
It's better for me to stay at home
Some might think it means I hate people
But that's not quite right
...
I'm turning out just like my father
Though I swore I never would
Now I can say that I have love for him
I never really understood
What it must have been like for him
Living inside his head
...
Things The Grandchildren Should Know - Mark Oliver Everett
I'm taking lots of cut back measures on my bills in order to put my actions where my mouth is. Today, I cut a lot of features on my phone bill, so now I have half as many minutes, no 7pm nights and weekends. I lowered my netflix from 3 at time to 2 at time. I made some cuts on our cable bill, called my student loan companies. I have a lot of leaks (Amazon), but I'm working on it.
Olbermann/Coulter Take Cornell Debate To Andy Bernard-Like Level (via Huff Post)
Coulter then went on to criticize Olbermann's educational background. Both Olbermann and Coulter went to Cornell, but different schools. "Keith didn't go to the Ivy League Cornell; he went to the Old MacDonald Cornell," she writes. Olbermann responds:Poor Annie has completely lost it. Cornell diplomas don't make any reference to individual college or major. They're Cornell diplomas. Mine looks exactly like hers, only if she was an out-of-stater she probably paid 8-10 times what I did for mine. And the premise of the University is that anybody can take almost any course. Nearly half of mine were in "her" Arts College. And this is the first time since I went there in 1975 that I've ever seen a Cornellian rag on all the other colleges. It's a long way to go just to rationalize Limbaugh not knowing the Constitution from the Declaration of Independence.
It's a Cornellian debate that would make Andrew Bernard weep...
I did not know Coulter went to Cornell. Speaking of, I wish I could see those Bill Maher (who also went to Cornell) Coulter debates coming up. But back to the story, so I love it. I just love the Andy Bernard character and how much he talks about Cornell in such a dumbass way. The episode where Dwight wanted to apply was classic. I was in the Industrial and Labor Relations school ('02), which is a state school (even though as Keith put it, I paid at least 8-10 times what NY people had to pay.) I guess I didn't go to the real Cornell either. She makes it sound like he went to Cornell College. Funny petty stuff.
Speaking of college, it is my hope, ney goal, that my nephew go to college and at that, he go to Pan Am near his home. He seems on board for going to college somewhat, but for some reason he isn't taking the right steps. How do you motivate a person to do something that is in their own best interests? I mean, I don't get anything out of it. I hate to feel like I'm pressuring a person against their own will of what they want for themselves. I want to support dreams, not force them on people. What is wrong with wanting the best for your family? I'm going to move from hoping and lecturing to actually trying to help.
ok, i see what you mean. i watch my local fox news, never cable. whew! i was worried for a minute there, that i was listening to conservative news and didn't know it (even though it didn't sound conservative).
ReplyDeletei didn't take pictures! man that would have been a really great idea actually. like the 2 rooms that were redone look nothing like they did. i should have done a before and after. i'll take after pictures but the before pictures would have made such a difference.
sergio called me yesterday and told me they were done. so 2 rooms took 2 weeks. the only advice i can give you is to not be surprised when things go wrong that you didn't plan for. and be sure to not give yourself such a tight budget, again, things could happen that you don't plan for and you want to make sure you have the money to prepare for that.
it's funny that the day i read this entry and you mention cornell is also the day i received an email asking me to donate to cornell. quite the coincidence.....
hey it sounds like i would like NOVA! i once saw a 2 hour show on albert einstein and i really liked it, even though when they tried to explain some of his theories, i didn't really understand them. but it was still a good show. i think i'll begin a series recording on that.......