www.flickr.com

Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Better

"I haven't been able to slam-dunk the basketball for the past five years. Or, for the thirty-eight years before that, either." -Dave Barry


So as far as picks go, I'm 12 for 15 after day 1. (15 for 18 as of the time of this writing) Too bad I'm just playing against myself for fun. I shouldn't have picked American, but they almost pulled off the upset. Texas won! Now they are off to play Duke in the second round. Today Cornell plays Missouri and I'm pretty excited about the game. I very much enjoy the NCAA tournament. I wish my internet connection at work was faster though. [Update: Cornell had a good start, but nevertheless broke my heart and my bracket. Was still very fun to watch.]


I got my car back today. They had to reprogram it, whatever that means. I turned in my loaner which was a fun ride for the time I had it. One thing I like is that when you take your car in to be worked on, they wash it for you. I made sure to take it in extra dirty just to see how good of a job they would do. It is pretty clean now, which is nice.



You know who has some pretty interesting quotes? Mae West. Mae West was an American actress and was famous for the quip "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" I guess she was famous for being slutty too. (pre-Sex and the City) Here is a small sampling of quotes that caught my eye.

"All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else." - Mae West
"A woman in love can't be reasonable - or she probably wouldn't be in love." - Mae West
"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful." - Mae West
"Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else." - Mae West
"Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from." - Mae West
"He's the kind of man a woman would have to marry to get rid of." - Mae West
"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it." - Mae West
"I never loved another person the way I loved myself." - Mae West
"I see you're a man with ideals. I better be going before you've still got them." - Mae West
"Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution." - Mae West
"The score never interested me, only the game." - Mae West
"When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better." - Mae West



SXSW is in full swing. I hope to attend some events this weekend. I guess we will see.


very good

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:09 PM

    glad you got your car back. and you MUST go to some SXSW events. i'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete