www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Another 4 Years

"The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough." -Bede Jarrett The House of Gold

I was wrong. My faith in America was not restored. We lost Florida and Ohio. I feel bad for all those new minority voters that came out to vote and found out that maybe they can't make a difference. It is going to be hard to energize them to vote again in 4 years. I really believed we would take this country back from a party that cares more about corporations, oil, the rich and overly religous right. Like I said, I was wrong. At least in 2000 I didn't know what to expect, I felt bad for Gore and was clearly outraged by the Supreme Court decision, but I didn't expect things to turn out like they did. Now I know what to expect, with control of the senate and the presidency, now the Republicans are going to get everything they have every wanted. I fear for women's rights (abortion), affirmative action, minumum wage, anti-discrimination laws, immigration, the separation of church and state, a bad approach to win the war in Iraq, the rights of gays, and the future of our poor. I am happy that 48% of Americans did vote for a change, which means that there is room to keep fighting. Where did these republicans come from? I know they had more money, but I thought hard work would counter that, I guess not. I am upset Mel Martinez won, his campaign was more dirty than I have ever seen in my life, but I guess the people in Florida didn't care. If healing means becoming republican, then what kind of compromise is that.

I feel pretty down, I'll probably use today to mope and get over it tomorrow. I don't know if it is time to jump ship from the democratic party and join Ralph Nader or to stick with a party whose base is much larger and might have a chance in 2008. Hopefully Hillary will make a good candidate. So I just slept and didn't want to wake up. I finally got up and went to see a movie with Angie so that I could think about something other than the election. If anyone has seen shark, was Jack Black supposed to be gay? It was a funny cartoon, but Sherk 2 is still my favorite. I can't wait until it comes out on dvd Friday. Though the distraction was nice, this feeling will probably linger for some time.

Nothing like a broken heart to get over a broken heart

No comments:

Post a Comment