www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Drag me out of bed

"In a Democracy, people get the kind of government they deserve." - Winston Churchill

Ok, now it is time to stop feeling like crap and move on with life. So hard not to be pissed off. The Daily Mirror from England put it well, "How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?" I would have never guessed that hating gays and values would rank above the economy and terrorism. It totally blows my mind. Jon Stewart put it best, when he said that the state most affected by terrorism (NYC) and who has the most gays, voted for Kerry, but the red states, who have nothing to terrorize, somehow felt it was their place to say how we should be safer. A pro-life party who is willing to send thousands of young poor Americans to die for a war that was not necessary, kills retarded people and lets AK47s get back on the streets. We offered to take your mess and clean it up, but now you can't blame inheriting anything on your problems. Ok, now I'm going to focus my energy back on school where it should be. Let's see how that transition goes.

I have been playing online poker and for a while I was doing pretty well. I was on a good run of winning about 50 bucks a day and quitting. Well now I am on a terrible run of luck. I am losing with pocket KK and pocket AA. I think I gamble when I'm depressed and it just makes it worse. Maybe transferring balances around to get lower interest rates today didn't help out much.

Don't you sometimes wish you had a stranger friend...a person that didn't know you at all, couldn't judge you, that you talk to and ask advice from without worrying that they willl form an opinion about you. I have good friends that don't judge, but sometimes I want the advice of a stranger, a person that doesn't know me or my friends. I guess I worry too much about being consistent I forget about being true to myself.

The OC is back, but I think I missed some episodes from last season, so I was pretty lost. I'm sure the addiction will resurface once again. Sherk 2 is coming out tomorrow, I think I'm going out to buy it. I've missed the last two weeks of smallville as well, my tv watching habits are going down the drain.

I used to really like that song Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks. I remember how a girlfriend I had from high school told me she liked that song a lot too, but that she felt very sorry for the ex-girlfriend in the song (the girl he prayed every night for God to make her his) because she felt the song was fair to that girl. I always found it interesting that she ended up becoming that girl. I heard the song today and thought about that.

So Angie is going to take care of a sick dying cat for her friend. The cat is named Joe and is a 2 months old I think. She has to feed it every 4 hours, give it shots, and put drops in its eyes every 2 hours. Did I mention the cat is blind too? That is dedication to keep the cat alive. Plus she has to take care of it for almost 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see how this works out, especially since she starts a new job on Monday.

I do miss the taste of strawberry shortcake

No comments:

Post a Comment