www.flickr.com

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Barbri Contracts

"Rationalization may be defined as self-deception by reasoning."
Karen Horney



Saturday was quite the day. I slept in until noon which isn't really sleeping in on a Saturday, but called waking up. I came to school at 3pm for a Barbri video on Contracts. It is now 6pm and I feel like the video is ok, but I'm enjoying the CD more than this video. The problem with CDs is that I listen to them in my car and my trip to school is about 10mins (longest 30). I tried to listen while I was running, but I don't think clearly when I'm tired.

I drive a whole lot more than I did in DC. I've easily surpassed doubling the miles I drove there in a year. I enjoy driving. It might take 30 mins to show up at a friends house, but it gives me time to think and listen to music. Driving to school each morning is so much better than walking to school in the snow. I really missed driving these past few years and I am very happy I got it back.

Going to church has always been something I know I need to do, but I've never fully integrated into my life. So I'm looking around for a church, but for now I'm going to a Catholic church near my house. One of the hardest parts of church for me is that it is before noon on Sundays and I have trouble waking up before noon on any day. I can't do Saturday night mass because I don't know, I just feel church should be on Sunday. Well this church has a 5:30 mass on Sunday. This totally fits in my schedule. I mean, it doesn't cut in the middle of my day so I can't really do much on Sunday, but it's hard to miss. Plus if I have something that evening, I can just make the effort to get to the 11am mass. Let's see how this all works out though.


totally worth it - just let go of the fear

No comments:

Post a Comment