www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Groundhog Day, Again?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

I don't think Groundhog day has been used to its full capacity. Today Phil the groundhog said there would be 6 more weeks of winter, yet no one seemed to care. I personally don't mind considering winter here is as nice as summer. Other than a great movie named after it, I don't feel corporations have done much with it, like they have Christmas, and vday. I'm sure there are marketing opportunities out there. Maybe like the Tostitos Gday NFL 3rd place bowl. Today seems to be more about the movie and how sometimes you feel like you are living the same day over and over. Sometimes I feel that way, since the only thing that seems to change is me and the rest of the world seems to be the same on the outside, with the same jerks, opportunities, problems, etc.. I seem to think about the same stuff, do the same stuff and even talk about the same stuff. Even the state of the union tonight feels like more of the same.

I guess nobody but my good friend Rick, Marisa and that spamming lady Sarah listened to me and actually wrote in my message board and/or guestbook. I guess my visions of the message board being used to talk about different topics or feedback on topics I bring up here, is just not gonna happen. Thanks guys for killing my dream. Actually, just take this plead as my final complaint about this, now I'll leave you alone.

I still have dreams about Vero, yet it is still pretty rare. I wish I could be more self aware as to enjoy the time more. My ideal dream would be to just talk to her and have a conversation as if she was here right now. In my dream I tend to be upset at her about being gone for so long and how worried I had been not knowing where she was. Then as my anger goes up, I just run up to her and hug her, scared I'm going to lose her again. There usually isn't much to the dream really, very little talking and more like a series of moments. For whatever reason, it is like I never can understand that she has passed away, but yet I feel it...I think it might be that my subconscious mind just hasn't really accepted it and for some irrational reason feels like she might just be missing or something. I wish I could explain it better, but I miss her more each day and think of her often.

One thing I hate about going to the gym is that I need to carry stuff with me and I usually don't have a place to put it. I try to limit the stuff I take with me, but at a minimum I need my membership card, my keys, ipod, gloves, pen, Body for life chart, and stopwatch. Carrying all of this stuff sucks, especially since I have water and tend to pick up a towel too. So I decided to use my Crown Royal purple bag as a man purse for the gym. It is totally working out and saves me a lot of trouble. It's a good idea my friends, and I'm sure I'm the envy of every man at that place.

I really hope you are proud

No comments:

Post a Comment