I know you've been sworn
I read your complaint
You're needing someone older
And though I've been warned to live day by day
There's something taking over
Did you expect to kiss me one time
While looking at me with the same eyes ever again?
So come on and face it
I understand I wasn't part of the plan
I understand I wasn't part of the plan
A dollar short, a minute early
Let's bypass the bullshit and move on because
Let's bypass the bullshit and move on because
The minute hand moves faster than you think it does
And by no fault of yours and by no fault of mine
- John Mayer Love Soon
- John Mayer Love Soon
Do you know I'm in law school? Well it must have not completely sunk to me because though I got all this law school studying stuff down, I have been avoiding my researching skills. Considering that once I am a lawyer, this is all I will do, it kind of makes sense to not only learn to do this, but to be really great. My research skills are really awesome when it comes to google, but on lexis and westlaw, I am beyond terrible. I used to be ok, but I guess I just don't have the patience and feel like there will always be something better out there. I am going to take a Lexis and Westlaw class because of this.
I talk about this because I had this client letter due today for my writing class. Talk about an easy assignment that took me way too long to finish. It was only 5 pages long, but mine ended up 6 pages long after cutting it down from 8, but it literally took me days to complete. I was so stressed, I just couldn't get my mind around it. This is all I have been working on through the weekend. I got home from school yesterday at 4pm and worked untill 3am and didn't even have much done. I just couldn't get the research part down, the writing was not a problem at all once I had the information. I even skipped class today (first time this semester) and worked on it. My body must of been beat because in the morning, I couldn't finish my run, well I finished it, but not at the speed I wanted. That sickness I mentioned, it is lurking again. Aren't I glad I'm one of those people without health insurance. I finally finished cleaning up the paper at 5pm, with an hour to kill before class, which I used to watch the Simpsons, eat and get ready. I am so very glad to be done.
Sometimes it bothers me that certain guys can say some crude things, while others can't. For example, today on celebrity poker, Chris Katan kept making comments about a woman's breasts, now had Jason Alexander made those comments, it would be creepy, since well Chris comes off gay and Jason, well he is George, so we know he is perverted. Of course this is an extreme example and I hate to equate myself with George, but it makes my point. My point is that I'm one of those guys that just can't get away with saying shit, like really cussing, saying bitches or hoes, cause I guess I say things in a way where it sounds like I mean it. This idea actually came up when I was talking to a friend about the OC. I was saying how Summer's new
boyfriend is a pussy, where as my friend argued he was a good guy. I just can't understand how he can hang out with and be friends with a guy who not only boned his current girlfriend, but who still wants her and she too in interested in him. It is clear that they still sweat each other very much. She argued that that just proves how great he is because he is above all that jealously, but being above that means thinking and trusting that that was the past and now they won't want to have sex and are truly friends, yet, they clearly still like each other, so he is just being an idiot to let her have her cake and eat it too, and exposing his chick to a guy who wants her. Doesn't seem like he has much self respect there. Well if you noticed I used the word bone. I remember when I first heard the word used a few years ago, I found it offensive, crude and almost worst than fuck, yet after hearing it used so much by friends, it just worked it's way in to my vocabulary every once in a while. Well my friend was not happy about me using it, which is good cause I shouldn't talk like that, but I think had I been a different type of guy, it just wouldn't be a big deal. I guess in the end, I don't want to be that type of guy, cause I like knowing that what I say is what I mean and my selected words carry much strength, but part of me still thinks it is unfair.
Some people never win anything (are you thinking of me?), others seem to win a lot of things. Fed won a trip to Paris when he was in the 6th grade, and yesterday won a raffle at the law school, where he won a dinner for 4 at Hard Rock, VIP passes, a table and a bottle of liquor at their premiere club Passions. I am very excited for him since, well I was invited, at least for now, until 3 tall hot blondes end up taking up the other spots, but I would happily bow out. He probably won't use the gift until after finals though, and despite my argument that he
should do it sooner, he did win.
So I am still downloading books and learning stuff off the internet like crazy. I just discovered Newsgroups, talk about an untapped area of downloads where you can get all kinds of crazy free movies, songs, and audiobooks. I am still learning how to do everything, so that is one of my new projects. Hopefully I'll get to listen to all these books I am getting.
I longed to hear those three special words, I give up, who knew they would be mine
No comments:
Post a Comment