Tempest - Furious agitation, commotion, or tumult; an uproar: "The tempest in my mind/Doth from my senses take all feeling." (Shakespeare).
Idiom: tempest in a teacup/teapot. A great disturbance or uproar over a matter of little or no importance.
The reason I bring this word up is that I have heard it a lot in my life and just assumed it means something like "temptress", just because it sounded similar, talk about weak logic. People need to use that word more.
Ok, let's get this topic over with. My brother in law finally answered the phone when I called on Monday. You rehearse how you are going to say something in your head, but it never comes out the same way. Short version, I got the same old bull that he wasn't ready yet, but that he would put the headstone soon. I asked him if he felt 2 years was a normal amount of time to wait and that I needed something better than just soon because well, we got that 2 years ago. I told him that I was going to be calling again on her bday in May if it wasn't up yet and he acted like it would be taken care of by then. It kind of sucks writing about this cause he can read it if he wants, but I think he knows where I stand. I wasn't rude or anything and he did tell me to have my family stop saying bad things about him, but would not give me examples. Because it is actually a policy we stick to, not talking badly of a father in front of his kids, I don't know what we can do. This came about because of Bekkah overhearing my conversation and going back to him. I love her, but I understand her loyalty is to her dad, but nothing I said was untrue nor out of line even if I knew she was listening, which I did not. He wouldn't tell me what either way. He threatened taking away the girls from us, by "drastic measures" if it (not telling me what it was) wouldn't stop. I told him that he should just communicate his problems because those measures would be "expensive" for the both of us. (My only way of not getting pissed off and telling him it would mean going to court which would need lawyers and their expensive fees.) We do have a court order for visitation, so the second he violates it, we have to go to court to get it enforced, that should be fun...so I hope it doesn't come to that. Well that is all I'm going to say about this until May.
Here is what I call an entry conversation I had with a friend.
Marty: I am slowly starting to hate walmart more each time I go...ok I'm gonna write entry style so I don't have to repeat this....so I go to return some stuff (thank God I keep all my reciepts for everything) and I have to wait in line for over an hour. Luckily I had 3 things to return. (if you must know, a blender, a clapper and a massager - stupid stuff I tell ya.)
Marty: and I played video poker on my phone the whole time, but people who return stuff are worse than the normal walmart people and normal walmart people (in Miami and DC NOT Texas) are already shady and rude.
Marty: yup, walmart is smart for making that economic hurdle of waiting in line with a bunch of assholes for a long time who eat McDonalds (there in line) and wonder why they are fat asses.
Marty: So after at least what seemed like an hour of waiting, I get my money back and decide it is free money so I go buy more stupid stuff, like a table cloth, table mats and some groceries.
Marty: well guess what?, there are only 3 of all the types table mats...only walmart I tell you. This would not happen in Texas.
Marty: so I finally pick a cloth I like (tan design) and some blue mats and ask the walmart lady to help me out. She looks at me and tells me in Spanish that those two don't match...I had a feeling, but I have no eye for that sort of thing.
Marty: in the end I end up getting some expensive mats that matched only a bit better, but were not what I was hoping for.
Terri: now marty
Marty: yeah, that is my story, I hate walmart now.
Terri: here you are, telling me yesterday that you think you buy stupid stuff.
Terri: and then return it.
Terri: heh
Terri: now, why in the world would you go and buy stuff you're not completely happy with?
Terri: THE SAME DAY YOU RETURN YOUR OTHER STUFF.
Terri: you need me more than I thought.
Terri: 8-)
Marty: Now I have to go do this again for Target returns, I'm creating a terrible cycle.
So a while back I purchased a pair of pants from Express because they were very cheap and on sale (also looked good). The had something I hadn't seen since the 80s, buttons instead of a zipper. I like the pants, but they are not as baggy as my other pants so I waited until they fit better before I started wearing them. Well today I pulled them out, pulled the tags and wore them to school. Well since this is my 3rd week of drinking massive amounts of water, I've just accepted I'm going to have to piss more often. I have yet to sit through an entire contracts class, and that is because I don't drink any water during class, but still. So today I notice that buttons are very inconvenient when you have to take a piss. It is this whole ordeal of button after button, I don't know why anyone would ever choose to have buttons. Needless to say, these
are the last pair of pants with buttons I plan on buying, even if I don't drink as much water in the future.
Spring break is quickly approaching, and I don't know exactly what I am going to do. I hope to have some friends come and visit, but no plans are set up yet. I was thinking of making taking a trip somewhere, but I don't know where to go. I guess since I live by a beach, maybe I should just stay here and relax and enjoy the beach and catch up on some work.
I love Coke. I'd say soda, but though soda is good, Coke itself is one the I'm found of. My whole life it has been an addiction I have had (mainly the sugar and caffeine part). I have gone long periods with coke and long periods without coke, but no matter what, I love it. Now, lets say Coke hurt me, it was slow, but over time it messed up my body, added to making me fat, and
probably really hurt my kidneys. Despite all these things, I still love coke, but at the same time I know what it can do to me and I don't want that done to me again. I also know that it would easily do it to me again. I wish there was a way to describe this feeling, a feeling where I don't lie to myself and say that I don't love and enjoy the benefits of coke, but also understand that it is not worth it. You see where I'm getting at, I guess you just accept the oblivious and go live a better lifestyle. Interestingly, I'll probably never give up Coke though.
I do not understand crossword puzzles. My first experience with them was in elementary school when we would have assignments to fill out crossword puzzles. Because of that, I see them as work and not fun. I have the same view of word searches. What really gets me, is that people do these for fun. I remember being young and at my sister Vero's house and noticing she had a word search book in the restroom. I just couldn't see the fun. Then today I see a girl in class working on an online crossword puzzle. Am I just weird? I think that it has to do with my terrible spelling, I mean if you can't spell, making words cross can be prettyhard.
The ABA is coming to our school next week. They are doing there usual site inspection, so we had a meeting to let us know about it and to be a little extra good for this week. One of the issues they brought up was using AIM during class. This is extra funny because I am writing this in class right now. The example that was used was by a Civ Pro professor who said that the problem is seeing uncharacteristically happy and smiling students in his class. He might find Res Judacata enjoyable, but he knows something is up when they are smiling really big when looking at their notes. I worry that I do that a lot in class, just smile real big instead of keeping my AIM poker face. So next week, I'll keep it to a minimum, but I'll also start working on my face. It keeps your mind active I think, but yeah it can be distracting.
No comments:
Post a Comment