There was a time in the 8th grade when I discovered the internet, but at that time I knew it as AOL. Those were the good old days of AOHell and phishing. I had to come up with a screen name and since I liked the word "kewl" and "mustangs," kewlstang seemed to make the most sense. I kept that screenname over the years (over 10), even though I didn't like it too much after lets say, 10th grade, but I worried that people knew me under that name and changing would be too much trouble. What an idiot I was, I mean I talk to a certain amount of people and those I don't talk to, probably don't remember my screenname anyway. All zero people have looked me up since. So I finally decided to change my screenname and retire the old one, that took a lot of time. Email me for it, but I'm sure if we chat you already have it.
Sometimes when you talk to someone their character just comes through in how they act and what they say. Things start to become really clear. You also start to see how important you are to them, especially compared to lets say a search bar or something more pressing on their mind. Another thing I learned was that someone thought I had blocked their ip address from my webpage so they could not access it, something I don't know how to do and if I did know how to do, I still wouldn't use because there are a million computers in this world, so if someone wants to visit my public site, they can visit it. It also defeats the purpose of having a public site out there for people to read. The fact that I had never lied to them in the past and always held myself to be an honest person and that they still did not believe me despite my giving my word, showed me even more how I was viewed in their eyes and really gave me a peace about not stressing over a person that didn't think much of me to begin with. Some people can't help being selfish, especially when they don't think they are being that way and I don't think they should be any other way than who they are. It really wasn't this deep I do admit, but this applies to more than just this situation in life in general.
Today at the gym, a girl who worked there complimented me on my [want to say kick ass body, but instead] Crown Royal bag I told you all about in my last entry. She said it was a smart idea and kind of neat, but I really know she wanted to ask me out. It was not her lucky day though, so I just went about my way and did my workout.
You can find out a lot of stuff on lexis. I had a good friend in high school named Missy. She was two years older than me and we met my sophomore year during a class where we just helped out in the counselors office. It was such a great class. Just an hour to have fun and spend time with friends, namely her. She had just gotten back to school after a traumatic accident she had had, and it was the first I really got to know her. We became best friends and would talk each night on the phone for hours. She was a very sweet girl and though she wasn't very smart, she was the kindest, nicest person you will ever meet. We used to fight about how I couldn't understand why she loved running (cross-country) because my view was that running was something that should be done when you have to, not for the sake of running. Yet now I run 3 times a week, ironic huh. I did fall for her and she was interested, but nothing ever grew out of it and we ended up just being friends. It was one of the few times in my life where I was actually able to be friends with a girl I really liked (such as Karyna). We kept in touch up until 1999, my 2nd year in college, but after that we lost touch and I had no contact info for her. Her family moved from Edinburg to Houston I think, so I couldn't even just go by her house. She had met this guy named Eli in Houston and I remember that she really liked him. Well I have thought about her every now and then and was recently thinking about her this month and was wondering how I could find out what she was up to. So today I was on Lexis and noticed you could look certain things up, like records on people. So I looked up my family and myself to see what came up. Well then I looked Missy up. Well I found out she was married in Hidalgo county (Edinburg is in this county), on 6/17/00, not too long after we last talked to a guy named Eli E. She was 23 years old. I also checked the divorce records and they are still married it seems. Even though I don't have an email for her, it was still nice to know she loved this guy enough to get married, and I'm sure she is very happy. It would be nice to hear from her, but it did make me feel good that things seemed to work out.
After class, I worked on a writing project with Ralph and then headed to the mall for a haircut. I don't know how, but I spent so much time there and consequently more money than I should of. I got new batteries for my watches and a new kenneth cole watch. I somehow ended up at kay jewelers, and got something from there. The lady was amazed at the credit line I had at that place, but with no reason to use it, I figured I'd buy something nice, but not too nice. After, I went to Target, and had the same problem there.
So I never got a call from my brother-in-law Jaime. So I got his number and called him. I haven't talked to him since the funeral, almost two years ago, and he said he was in a meeting and would call me back. I guess he didn't know my number and accidentally answered. So he never called back, so I called him again and no answer. I think he is ignoring me. I'm sure if I stay persistant, he will have to pick up at some point. If not, I think I might just call his mom, since well, she is the real puppet master. I'm trying not to get upset, and I won't, because everything you do or don't do for that matter, comes back to you.
I talked to Juan Carlos. According to him, he went from 178 to 146 over this last year. I think that is very impressive, which means that winning the Bronx 4 mile run this summer isn't going to be the cake walk I imagined. He might come visit me for Spring Break, that should be fun. Considering his love for dancing, I'm Miami is going to be a great fit.
No comments:
Post a Comment