www.flickr.com

Monday, January 22, 2007

Dog Sitting

"Aim at being loved without being admired." - Ludwig Wittgenstein


This was an interesting weekend. My aunt and uncle went out of town and I agreed to house/dog/cat sit for the weekend. I didn't go out Friday night and just played some online poker. Saturday I played more poker and then took the 45 min drive to Manassas. It was a big lonely house, but I did have company with the pets. It was a bit cold, which makes me think I keep my heat way too high. I felt bad letting the dog out to go to the restroom because it was so cold, but I guess it's worth it. I guess I haven't had much interaction with dogs, they really love attention. I did my best, but maybe I'm just not that excited of a person. They have two cats, Phoenix and DC. DC is the perfect type of cat, a lap cat. DC ignored me most of the time, but when it wanted attention, it would jump on me and go to sleep. Phoenix was more of a maverick and wanted to be outside hunting. It was too cold, so I didn't let him out (excluding those times he would run out.) I set up shop in the computer room and just worked on my sit and go poker skills. I'm still break even and I need to turn it profitable. I'm taking steps in that direction. Erika was at SPI for a dance competition. I went to bed late which led to sleeping in. I did get up early to let the dog out and then back to sleep it was. Imagine, me, with two strange cats at the foot of the bed and a dog on the floor all asleep. I'm just a lazy animal I guess. The next day I missed the New Orleans game while I played a bit of poker and got dressed. Mark invited me to a poker game later in the night. It started snowing the night before, so this day it was just covered in snow. I left as the sun was going down.

The snow was terrible, probably at least 2-3 inches, probably more since I don't know how to measure that. I cleaned off my truck and tried to make my way down a snowy driveway. I was able to get out and then hit the street. It had not been cleared since it was a local street, but I had decent trackion. My thought was that this wouldn't be too bad. Well it got worse. Every street was just covered and my truck kept fishtailing. I was going 20 miles an hour the entire time. I noticed I wasn't breathing, so I'd have to stop and start to breath. At one point, the car in front of me started to swerve and spun around and crashed right into the barrier. I slowed down and tried not to join the problem as he turned around and tried to keep going. A while later, I hit a spot where I was fishtailing bad and my truck almost turned sideways...this with a line of cars behind me. They patiently waited as I tried to right myself and get past this patch. I made some calls so that I could have company, but most people were busy and I ended up just worrying my day more that I was on my handsfree while driving. I finally made it to my destination over an hour and 45 mins later. I don't miss driving in the snow and will be happy when it is gone.

I arrived at Chris's place for the poker game Mark told me about. It was a $20 buy-in .25/.50 cash game. The first thing I noticed was that the stacks were a bit big, meaning that there had probably been a few rebuys pumped into the game. I tried to play a straight tight agressive game and not call off too many bets. It was hard because you couldn't get people off a draw and bluffing was ineffective. I was able to find a few good spots and I ended up cashing out $100. That $80 profit made me feel a lot better about my game. We have yet to start up a weekly game, but I've been wanting this for years and it just never seems to happen. I guess I can just keep trying.

The football game was good. I'm happy to see the Colts finally in the Superbowl. I hope it is a good game. It always sucks when football is over.

Today it is cold. We have a will signing today, so I know the canceling of work was out of the question. The government is open and Mason opened at 10am. I would of hated for it to be canceled just because I would rather a cancelation be on a day I have class. I probably shouldn't be that selfish, but my wishes don't affect anything. Work was pretty normal today.

I met this sng kid online the other day. I had run into him at a lot of tables and noticed that he was a consistent winner. When I looked him up at sharkscope, I saw how profitable he was. I asked him for advice and he actually took the time to help me out. A complete stranger. I read his blog and it is interesting to see how a lot of people go through a lot of the same things in life, yet still very very different. So as I work on my game, I hope to learn some stuff from him and get better. He can play 12 tables at once, isn't that crazy. I can do 2 no problem, but 4+ and I just lose any edge. He told me I need to get my sng theory down, so I'm off to work on that and see how my play changes. I'm not shy from pushing, and I think I do it a lot, but somehow I feel like I'm supposed to be pushing more. I don't know, still have a lot of videos to go through.

appreciate what you have

No comments:

Post a Comment